Friday, September 25, 2009

Guests

For those of you who are new here, my first few posts are mostly going to be a look back in time over the past few months.............pictured below are a number of photos from when my friends came down from PA to visit us. My first real experience as a hostess, and I had 1o people over for a week! We had a great time though, and actually spent little time at the house. A lot of sightseeing took place, we went to Stone Mountain, GA, they visited King's Mountain, NC, and Bob Jones University, and we all went to Energy world, and the beautiful Clemson Botantical Gardens here in SC .To me one of the best parts of our visit was the late night talks, being silly in the living room with popcorn, or the night we got chocolate cravings, and went to Food Lion for ice cream and brownie mixes at 11:00 (Joshua was amazed by our spontaneousness!)



Still I would like to think I have learned more about guests since then..........and I should, it's a running joke between us that Joshua keeps track of every person to visit us. I believe we are up to 51 (and if I'm wrong J will be sure to correct this:-)! Our guest from farthest away was A from Vermont, but we have also had people from VA, NC, and PA. Our most surprise guests were the E family when the power went out at their place and we threw chili makings in the van and cooked here........all good memories though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1