Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Days....


Early this week I thought I would sit down and write an overview of what happened this week, thinking friends and family could get an idea of what my days are like now.......however this week has brought to mind the line, "Man makes his plans, but God directs his ways." It turned out completely differently than I expected it to!


Our Lord's day was good. This is the high day of the week, my favorite day. We finished a series we have been doing on the Sabbath, the final sermon was on "Delighting In The Sabbath" Another special part of the day is the Christian fellowship we enjoy, and of course getting to spend a day with little Sammy:-)


Monday my week took an abrupt turn when I was asked to go help out my friends, the Es. Jenny had been stung on her foot and was having trouble getting around. Suddenly I was dashing around packing a bag, figuring out food for my two guys to eat while I was away, writing a note, etc. The next three days were busy ones filled with children, laundry,housework, sorting through seasonal clothes, and all the many things that need to be done to keep a large family going........Staying with the the Es feels like old times since I lived there for two months this spring, I enjoy being there, and being a part of family life again!


Wednesday night was church, we continued the series that Pastor has been preaching on the doctrine of adoption. This has been such an encouraging, helpful series, I recommend checking it out. After church I went home again......


Thursday was filled with all the things that needed to be caught up on, cleaning up the house, grocery shopping, cooking, laundry, mail....... Keeping a house is more work, and more time consuming than I expected it to be when I started this spring. I like my job of keeping a home :-) and am glad to have a home to care for.


Friday we were invited to dinner at the home of some friends from church. It was good to get to know them better, and we enjoyed a delicious meal. I especially liked when we all sang Psalms together in the evening.


Saturday I got the good news that my sister, Becky, and her husband, are going to be spending a weekend with us at the end of the month. It is always exciting to get to visit with family, it has been too long since I have seen many of my family.......


We have enjoyed some beautiful weather this week, along with a couple rainstorms. Over the past couple days it seems that fall has finally come to Sc, temperatures are a bit cooler, and the leaves have finally started to turn. And so you have it, a brief overview of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1