Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let Me Be A Woman.....

I just finished reading this little book which is a series of notes written to Mrs. Elliot's 21 year old daughter. The book is all about what it means to be a Christian woman, really good and helpful. I had forgotten how much I like her books, maybe it is time to reread some of the ones I have sitting on my shelf.........The line that struck me the most in my reading was actually from the Bible, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord, let it be unto me according to thy word." Mary's words, but something that all Christian women should say, and yet another reminder of what I am learning more and more, the Christian life is all about submission........
Another quote is, "We are called to be women. The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman. For I have accepted God's idea of me, and my whole life is an offering back to Him of all that I am and all that He wants me to be."

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this book! I think I own almost every book that EE has ever published. She's one of my absolute FAVORITE authors. Have you ever read her novel, "No Graven Image"? Which EE book is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't read it, never heard of it till now. I think this is my favorite so far of all that I have read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1