Friday, October 30, 2009

The Village





Have any of you all watched this movie? It is a favorite of mine, so the other night I got Jenny to watch it with me. It was funny, she wanted to know what it was about, but those of you who have seen it know that it is pretty much impossible to describe it without giving away the story! So she thought we were sitting down to a "chick flick" (since that is the kind of movie we often watch together). What a surprise! As with anytime I have watched this thought provoking movie, it always starts a serious conversation. What do you think they should have done, how would you have handled this...........There are some good analogies here too, we can't hide from sin, it will always find us, because it is within us.

All that being said, I must admit my favorite part of the movie is the love story within it! I think the "porch scene" is one of my all time favorite movie scenes.........I love the way the two characters who love one another show their love by their actions, caring for one another, sacrificing, etc, so different than your typical movie love story. Other nice things about "The Village"? No language, and beautiful music. Ok, so I admit, it is scary..........But, maybe I have convinced someone to watch it!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite movies! :o) I thought the plot-line was so clever! The love story is beautiful, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, someone who agrees with me:-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1