Thursday, October 15, 2009

Waiting On The Lord

Recently a friend and I have been talking about how much of the Bible, and how much of the Christian life is about waiting on the Lord. I decided to do a search for verses on waiting, and copied a number of them here, thinking others might find them helpful too.


"I have waited for Thy salvation, O Lord." Gen 49:18

"Let none that wait on Thee be put to shame at all" Ps 25:3

"Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me; for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day." Ps 25:5

"Wait on the Lord, and be thou strong, and He shall strength afford unto thine heart; yea do thou wait, I say, upon the Lord." Ps 27:14

"My times are wholly in Thy hand, do Thou deliver me." Ps 31:15

"Our soul doth wait upon the Lord; He is our help and shield. Sith in His holy name we trust, our heart shall joyful be. Lord, let Thy mercy be on us, as we do hope in Thee." Psalm 33:20-22

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him." Ps 37:7

"And now, O Lord, what wait I for? My hope is fixed on Thee." Ps 39:7

"I waited for the Lord my God, and patiently did bear; at length to me He did incline my voice and cry to hear." Ps 40:1

"And I forever will Thee praise, because Thou hast done this; I on Thy name will wait; for good before Thy saints it is." Ps 52:9

"But Thou, O Lord, shall laugh at them, and all the heathen mock. While he's in power, I'll wait on Thee; for God is my high rock." Ps 59:9

"My soul, wait thou with patience upon thy God alone, on Him dependeth all my hope and expectation. He only my salvation is, and my strong rock is He, He only is my sure defense, I shall not moved be."Ps 62:5-6

"These all wait on Thee, that Thou mayest in due time give them meat" Ps104:27

"Behold as they eyes of servants do look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until He have mercy upon us." Ps 123:2

"I wait for God, my soul doth wait, my hope is in His word. More than they that for morning watch, my soul waits for the Lord." Ps 130:5-6

"The eyes of all things wait on Thee, the giver of all good." Ps 145:15

"Blessed is the man that heareth Me, watching daily at My gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoso findeth Me, findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the Lord."Proverbs 8:34-35

"And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth His face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for Him." Is 8:117

"And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God: we have waited for Him, and He will save us; this is the Lord, we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation." Is 25:9

"Yea; in the way of thy judgments, O Lord, have we waited for thee: the desire of our soul is to Thy name, and to the remembrance of Thee." Is 26:8

"And therefore will the Lord wait, that He may be gracious unto you, and therefore will He be exalted, that He may have mercy upon you: for the Lord is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him." Is 30:18

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagle; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Is 40:31

"...and thou shalt know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Is 49:23

"Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Art not Thou He, O Lord our God? Therefore we will wait upon Thee: for Thou has made all these things." Jer 14:22

"The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord." Lam 3:25-26

"Blessed is he that waiteth.." Daniel 12:12

"Therefore turn thou to thy God: to keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually." Hosea 12:6

"Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me." Micah 7:7

"I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what He will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved." Hab 2:2

"Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord.: Zeph 3:3

"But if we hope for that what we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." Romans 8:25

"For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith." Gal 5:5

"And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ." 2Thess 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1