Monday, November 9, 2009

Loneliness......

This book was yet another gift from a friend, I came home one day to find a package with this waiting for me. Thanks so much, Adri!

I read the whole book in one long (can I say lonely?!) evening and found the main message of the book to be that we must be willing to give all our hopes, desires, dreams, etc to the Lord, to submit fully to his will in order to be content.

"We may be earnestly desiring to be obedient and holy. But we may be missing the fact that it is here, where we happen to be at the moment and not in another place or another time that we may learn to love Him- here where it seems He is not at work, where His will seems obscure or frightening, where He is not doing what we expected Him to do, where He is most absent. Here and nowhere else is the appointed place. If faith does not go to work here, it does not go to work at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1