Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Looking Back.....

Today is my birthday and I guess that is a natural time to be looking back, thinking about the past, etc. So I decided to post some pictures from last November, remembering what life was like just a year ago...... If you told me then that right now I would be sitting in my trailer in SC working on a blog, I would have laughed at you.............life has changed in more ways than I could have imagined last fall.
As I look back over the past year I can see the Lord's hand in it, how He has worked out every detail, provided every need, in some cases far beyond what I asked or expected. It has been a good year, and also the hardest year of my life so far. There have been more tears, goodbyes, and more learning and growing than in any other time in my life. I have a new home, a new "job", new friends, and a church, which I love. "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9

"And He said to them all, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." Luke 9:23-24.

Most of all I am thankful for all the Lord has done for in me this past year. I feel He has taught me more about living the Christian life over these few months than in the whole rest of my life put together. "My flesh and heart doth faint and fail, but God doth fail me never, for of my heart God is the strength and portion forever." Psalm 73:26

"And I will constantly go on in strength of God the Lord." Psalm 71:16

Pictured at left is me with my two youngest siblings last Thanksgiving. Hannah is now 10, and Elijah -6. I love you all, and miss you!



Becky, Joshua, and I went up to Pennsylvania last Nov
to visit Sarah, Karen, and Abigail, my oldest, and very dear friends.
Here are Abigail, Karen, and I playing Bible Trivia, the
three of us made up one of the teams.



Sarah and I talking. something we have spent many hours doing
over the years....



Posing for my very first facebook profile
picture. Yes, I joined fb last November, hard
to believe it has been a year....

My sisters and I last Thanksgiving.




My crazy brothers! All ten of them!



My brothers.


Joshua and I talking, and reading an article on
his computer over one of his school breaks last Nov.
















2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1