Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Birthday........


I want to thank all my friends and family who worked together to give me such a nice birthday!

It actually all began the day before my birthday when my friend, Juanita, called to see if I was going to be home for a visit that afternoon.......a little later the whole Vernon family arrived with food, a cake (!), gifts, and plans for the afternoon. They knew where Joshua had hidden some money for me, they had quite the plot going........:-) So we all piled in the van and went thrift storing. Our idea of fun! We had a great time searching through all the clothes together, and I think we all found some nice stuff, and most important.......some good bargains! If you don't enjoy hunting for bargains, thrift store shopping is probably not for you.

The Vernons must know me pretty well, on the way home Mrs. Vernon picked up a snack to keep us going........chocolate chips and peanuts. I don't want to know how much chocolate I have eaten in the past few days, lol.

Home again, tired after a busy day, it was wonderful to have a meal already prepared. We had burgers, hot dogs, homemade cole slaw, chips, and apple cake. My brothers really enjoyed the meal too, and the fact that there were lots of leftovers for the next day's lunches.


My actual birthday was the 18th. I was sent this book pictured at the left by my good friend, Adri, and was also given a copy of Spurgeon's Morning And Evening. The whole day was kept busy all day with phone calls, emails, facebook notifications.....Thank you all for all the birthday wishes! I really appreciated everyone remembering me.





At left is a picture of chocolate because I could not do a blog post on this birthday without mentioning chocolate.....I have quite the stash of chocolate on hand, thanks to brothers and friends. Not to mention the chocolate cheesecake I made myself......

The day ended nicely with friends from church taking me out for ice cream, and a long phone call with Jenny, who is now in Texas.

I feel very blessed to have so many good friends!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Stefanie! It was nice to read of all your birthday celebrations. :-) I'm glad you had such a nice time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1