Monday, November 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY -
Monday, November 9th.


Outside my window...Cold and partly cloudy fall day. I'm looking out into the woods at beautiful gold and red leaves.


I am thinking........of yesterday's sermon on Esther 2, how God can bring "beauty out of ashes"


I am thankful for........many things, but especially today for good friends that listen to my long emails (you know who you are:-), and for a good weekend, our church Psalm sing, church, and a fun evening with a friend.

From the learning rooms......life lessons!


From the kitchen........beans cooking, I am making chili for dinner.

I am wearing... ......a dark red shirt with flowers embroidered around the neckline, and a denim skirt. To complete the picture, hair in a ponytail, bare feet:-)


I am creating........a home for my brothers.

I am reading... ......Proverbs, 2 Corinthians, and Psalms in my Bible, and "Secure In The
Everlasting Arms" by Elizabeth Elliot. I have a stack of other borrowed books awaiting my attention too.....

I am hoping........for answers to my prayers.


I am hearing.........the clock ticking......yes, really it can very quiet around here!

Pondering........the chapter I am reading, about trusting God and doing the next thing, whatever that thing happens to be, "Obedience to God is our job. The results of that obedience are God's." From "Secure In The Everlasting Arms"

One of my favorite things........ spending time laughing and talking with friends.


A few plans for the rest of the week: Normal housework at the beginning of the week, church, helping the Es prepare for their trip to Texas, and a Keepers At Home meeting on Saturday. But I never know how these may change.......

Here is picture for thought I am sharing........I thought I would put one up of my dear Pennsylvania friends since they have been on my mind today.



Abigail, Sarah, Karen, and I. This picture was taken last summer.


Here is a link to Peggy's blog if you want to join in and do this post! I was asked to do this again by one of my friends:-)

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your daybook. The picture is great. Beans sound great. It's a joy to meet someone devoted to God and family. Have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stefanie,
    I just read your daybook for yesterday, interesting. :-) And I liked seeing the picture of all of us, that was such a wonderful visit! I am thinking a lot about you lately. Hope you have a good day!
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1