Thursday, November 5, 2009

This and that....

For those of you among my friends and family who have been sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for an update on my exciting life......this is it:-) Seriously Joshua was commenting to me that we bloggers tend to just write about the "fun stuff", but we should write about regular days too. So......we are doing well, keeping busy. These past couple days have been busy, but nice ones. Tuesday afternoon my plans for the day suddenly changed (that seems to happen a lot on Tues!), when Jenny called me and invited me to join her and the children. They, the Vernon family, and I spent a couple hours at the Es property, just a few miles down the road from my house. The children rode bikes and played, the women sat and talked. I brought along some crocheting, and we all enjoyed the gorgeous fall day. Then we ran errands. At the library Jenny and I passed off the children to the man parked next to us (just wanted to see if you were paying attention.....it was Mr E, lol), and went grocery shopping. We commented it was like "old times". I don't know how many evening trips to BiLo Jenny and I made when I was lived with them this spring...... Jenny and I spent the evening watching Father Of The Bride together.

Wednesday, my normal "work day", was filled with laundry, and cooking (pancakes, strawberry syrup, omelets, mashed potatoes, hamburger gravy, broccoli, etc). As usual, prayer meeting in the evening, then back home with my brothers........Thursday is time to get the house back in shape, and cook a real meal for my guys.........I was thinking life is such a study in contrasts right now, it is either very quiet, or, well not so quiet:-) The quiet days are good times to get in some reading though, I've been able to read a number of good books lately. Recently I have been reading through my first online book, I discovered that Matthew Henry's Commentary is available online. I'm now working through Song Of Solomon. After David Murray's sermons, which I recently posted, I wanted to learn more about this book.

Pictured below? Well I decided, out of curiosity, to "google myself". There was only one hit that was actually me, I must lead a pretty boring life! Anyways what I found were pictures from a Virginia State Dairy Goat Association meeting I attended in 2002, so just for fun I added one here.


Seth, Becky, and I in 2002. Wow do we look young!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1