Monday, December 28, 2009

A last minute trip!

Last week we found out that my brothers were going to have more time off than we had originally thought, so a last minute trip to visit my sister in TN was planned. And when I say last minute, I mean last minute, I packed my bag less than an hour before we walked out the door! I'm glad that I have gotten very good at quickly packing an overnight bag!
The trip was an adventure......since the main interstate route is closed, due to rock slides, Seth decided to take a short cut, on a terrifying mountain road, one 90 degree curve after another, no guard rail,and a steep drop off with a rushing river at the bottom. As I said, an adventure.....To make it more fun the guys decided to squeeze us all in Seth's truck to save gas money......to put it nicely, well it was very cozy, lol!
We had a very nice visit though, it was great to spend time with family, the guys got tons of outside work done, and we got to enjoy the traditional DiLella New Year's meal of subs, a week early....since we can't be together for New Year's day.


Over the river and through the woods...more like over the mountain, and through the woods...


Did I mention the road was scary?!


We stopped at a lookout along the way.....


Trying to fit ourselves back in....


Arrived at last - Joshua holding Becky's new dog, Kara.


She looks like a stuffed animal, not quite real!

Kara


Cephas and Kara.


Relaxing and talking in the evening


Making rolls.....


The dough.......


Baking....


Cooling.......


Coffee break!


We made homemade ice cream....


Cephas, Becky,and I made dinner.


The food!


Hannah always used to make this snowman cheeseball for us.....


Joshua and Bill join us for dinner after a hard day's work.


Delicious!


Eating....


A lot of outside work was done on this trip, here is Cephas cleaning out the back of the truck after it was used to clean the barn.


Seth cleans out the trailer.


The goats.


Breakfast.


Going shopping in Dayton....


We went to an amazing discount grocery store and filled a whole cart with food to bring home!


Packing my bags to go home...


Crowding in the truck, and saying goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1