Monday, December 21, 2009

Random pictures from last summer's family conference...

Last August I was able to attend The FCC Family Conference, up in the mountains of Virginia, along with a number of families from my church, and many others from churches around the country. Looking back, the conference was the highlight of my year - it was such a special time of fellowship, learning, growing, singing, and of course talking, laughing, and eating together! Not to mention it was my first experience camping in a tent:-). Anyway I finally got my CD of pictures from that week so thought I would share a few of them here. The ones I chose to share are mainly of my church family, looking at these pictures makes me look forward to next August and going again.......


Geneva - this is such a good picture of her!


Meghan.



We were able to get family pictures of all the family members that were there.....Here is Pastor McCurley and two of his children, Calvin and Genna.


Ike and Daniel.


The Ervins brought me along on the trip with them, during that time I was told that I am now officially an Ervin - so of course I had to be in their picture:-)

Along with the family pictures we got a picture of all those who did not have their families with them.......here are Tara, Travis, and I.


Pastor Sean Humby - he preached an excellent sermon on "Secret Prayer".


Pastor McCurley doing a book review- there was a great selection of books to buy, and I was inspired to read at least one book by the reviews:-) Pastor McCurley preached a very good series on Spiritual Declension.



Pastor Beers also doing a book review. He was our guest speaker from Scotland, and preached an amazing sermon series on "Christ On The Cross", which I highly recommend listening to! Click here to go to our website and listen to any, and all of the conference sermons.


Dr. David Murray - I really liked the sermon series he did on The Song Of Solomon. Christ Draws Me, Christ Dwells In Me, and Christ Delights In Me.


Another family picture of some of my friends from church, the Vernons.


The Martens family.


The Ervin family.


Our photographer, Mr. Manring.


Meghan and Daniel.


All the Conference speakers - Pastor McCurley, Pastor Humby, Dr. Murray, Pastor Beers, and Pastor Isbell.


Mrs. Vernon, and Martha.


Conversation.....


Friends.


The group picture of everyone from Greenville Presbyterian Church.


The group picture of everyone who attended the conference.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1