Thursday, January 21, 2010

I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them....

"And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.
And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:
And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."
Isaiah 30:18-21






This morning we read these verses in family worship. I was feeling exhausted and overwhelmed by various things going on with my family etc, and this was such an encouragement to me. Especially the words about dwelling in Zion, and the Lord giving us teachers - that took me back to a year ago when I wanted so badly to be in a church and was praying for a door to be opened for me. That prayer was answered, I feel so blessed to be in a good church with a good pastor. "Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled", "Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness." It was a good reminder to not get so caught up in present issues that I forget past blessings, "Hitherto hath the Lord helped us." He will continue to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1