Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Lord's Day Evening....

Over the past ten months, since I have met the E family, I have spent many Lord's day evenings with them, enjoying their hospitality. These evenings vary quite a bit from the three of us having conversation together, to my brothers joining us, maybe having one family with us, or a whole crowd! I know their hospitality has been a blessing to our whole church family.

This past week was definitely a week for a crowd, along with the Es we had my brothers, three other families, and myself for a total of twenty nine people! We had a wonderful evening together eating, talking, laughing, having family worship, and singing Psalms.
Bonnie Blue was very popular with the children:-)

Setting out dishes....

I made enough chili for an army!

......and baked enough brownies to satisfy a crowd of chocolate lovers!

The ladies lined up first to fix plates...

Eating...

We all found a place to sit....

The children ate in the kitchen.

Mr. Ervin led us in family worship - we read in Ephesians 2, then sang several Psalms together.

All gathered around for family worship.


Talking.

Laughing!

Posing! Mrs. Broyles, Martha, and Jenny.

Juanita and Susannah.

Martha.

Kerah and I.

Caroline and Mrs. Hussey.

Caroline and I.

Friends!

Saying goodbyes...

Hugging goodbye......it was such a nice evening.....we hated to see it end.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1