Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today
Outside my window... Freezing cold - only 21 degrees.

I am thinking... about a talk I need to have.

I am thankful for.......the "second family" the Lord has given me!

I am wearing... a denim skirt, long sleeved brown shirt, borrowed white cardigan (I said it was freezing!), and bare feet.

I am remembering... the good talk I had with one of my friends on Friday, friends are a blessing from the Lord!

I am going... to help out at the Ervins today.

I am currently reading......."A Basket Of Fragments" by Robert Murray McSheyne, and my Bible - today it will be rereading all of yesterday's passages from church - my normal Monday Bible reading.....

I am hoping... ....for answers to prayers.....

On my mind... ...The way God is able to provide, and give us things that we might never even think to ask for!

Noticing that.........life is hard and complicated.

Pondering these words... Jehovah Jireh, let the Lord provide when and whom He pleases. If we graciously rest in God, God will graciously work for us ad work all for good." "That God caused a sleep to fall on Adam, and made it a deep sleep, that so the opening of his side might be no grievance to him; whiel he knows no sin, God will take care he shall feel no pain. When God, by His providence, does that to his people which is grievous to flesh and blood, he not only consults their happiness in the issue but by His grace he can so quiet and compose their spirits as to make them easy under the sharpest operations." "...what God takes away from his people he will, one way or another, restore with advantage." ~ Matthew Henry (sent to me by a friend on facebook)

From the kitchen........not much, till we get to the grocery store:-)

Around the house... unpacking, cleaning, laundry, organizing......

Plans For the Rest Of The Week.......helping out at the Ervins today, home again tonight, catch up at my house tomorrow, movie night with Jenny on Tue, then at the Es on Wed, church Wed night, and the first of our church's marriage classes on Fri night

One of my favorite things..........holding Sammy:-)

Picture for today - an especially cute one of Sammy.




Click here to go to Peggy's blog and do your own daybook!





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1