Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today


Outside my window... dark and cold. Only 19 degrees.


I am thinking...about what a blessing the Lord's day is, and what a wonderful day I had yesterday. First was attending church, and a sermon on "Give us day day by day our daily bread" - a good reminder of our need for continual daily dependence on the Lord, then spending time with Sammy and other friends. Last of all a very special evening spent visiting, eating, and singing Psalms with some of my friends from church.


I am thankful for... that God does all things well and His timing is perfect...... that I can know that, even if I can't see it now.


I am wearing... a blue shirt and skirt, hair is down, bare feet.


I am remembering... ...watching "Love Comes Softly" with the Ervins on Saturday night. I had seen this years ago, but what I really noticed this time was the love, patience, and kindness shown in this movie to a person, who for a long time never noticed, realized, or appreciated it. As Jenny commented, a good picture of Christ's love for us.


I am going... to babysit today.


I am currently reading... "Heaven On Earth" by Thomas Brooks, Matthew Henry's Commentary, and in my Bible, the passages from church yesterday.


I am hoping... for so many things.....


On my mind... a friend from church who is about to lose his job due to not being willing to work on the Lord's day..... Thinking of his words, "I love my job, but I love the Lord more," and what an example he has been to our whole congregation. I hope that we could all face rejection, and suffering rather than disobeying, or denying Christ.


Noticing that... my life has become very busy!


Pondering these words.."The same hand that brings the desolation, must bring the deliverance; to that hand, therefore, we must ever look. When afflictions have done the work for which they are sent, they will be taken away. As the earth was not drowned in a day, so it was not dried in a day. God usually works deliverance for his people gradually, that the day of small things may not be despised, nor the day of great things despaired of." ~ Matthew Henry


From the kitchen... coffee brewing! Later on I'll be doing meal preparation, but what I'll be cooking I don't know......


Around the house........sleeping people........ a puppy anxious for some attention......me enjoying my early morning quiet time.....


Plans for this week.........babysitting today, going home tonight, catching up at home tomorrow (plenty of cooking and cleaning and laundry to be done!), tomorrow night is movie night with Jenny. Wednesday - working at the Es. and church that night. Thursday, clean my house, Friday, our second Biblical Marriage class at church, Saturday, Communion Preparatory service, Lord's day - Communion season, and dinner at a friend's house. Somewhere in all this do some reading, work on my research project, and edit/post all the pictures on my camera.........but all of this is Lord willing - most weeks something comes up and changes my plans in some way!

One of my favorite things....singing the Psalms! Last night we had a group of 29 of us together singing - I enjoyed it so much:-) I wish we could get together and sing more often!


From my picture journal...a picture of my brother Cephas and I laughing and playing a game together:-)





Click here to go to Peggy's blog and do your own daybook.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your daybook. I so enjoyed reading about your day. I hope that your friend will remember that the Lord honors those who honor HIM. Have a great week.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1