Saturday, January 30, 2010

An update...

It has been brought to my attention that it has been awhile since I have put up a post sharing what is going on in my life, updating my family and friends, etc. In many ways life continues on much the same, in others it has changed a lot!

The biggest change is that over the past few weeks I have been spending a lot of time helping the E family. This job is teaching me so much about running a home, caring for children, etc. From laundry, to meal planning, to grocery shopping, to babysitting, to catching a chicken one of the little ones let in the house........there is never a dull moment, and I am always busy! It has been decided that I am switching from my normal Wed workday, to a 3 day work week. It's good that the Lord has given me work to do.

As for continuing the same.....I still live with Joshua, though I am spending very little time at home these days. Seth and Cephas are still with us so I have 3 guys to care for when I am home. We are fast approaching my one year anniversary for moving to South Carolina - it's hard to believe - time flies! What a year it has been, so many changes for me, and my family. But the Lord has been very good to us.

An overview of the past week.....The Lord's day was our second week at Level One. It was good to have Pastor McCurley back. We began a sermon series on the book of Jonah - I'm looking forward to going through this book, there has been so much to learn every time he goes through one of the OT books.

On Monday I came down with a bad cold, and have had a cough and laryngitis all week. The day was mainly filled with normal activity, schoolwork, cooking, laundry, and so on....the children spent a lot of it playing with their new chickens, and coming up with hilarious names for them - all after celebrities ( a hen named Rocky Balboa?! lol). I remember years ago when we got our first chickens how much fun my siblings and I had naming them.....giving every chicken a name didn't last long for us though! The best part of Mon was a phone date with my friend. There is nothing like talking, laughing, and crying together to put things in perspective.

Tuesday - I was thankful when the children's grandmother came and helped with the children - I was feeling sick, so an easier day was welcome. Jenny and I had our normal Tue night movie - it is funny, everyone at church knows about this tradition now, and wants to know what we watch, makes suggestions for things we might like, etc. Tonight was the old version of Cheaper By The Dozen. It was fun to watch after my experience of growing up in a very structured, organized, large family.

Wednesday we went to church and continued the series on faith that we have been going through for the past couple months.

Thursday was a gorgeous day, I didn't even need a jacket on my walk. Thur evenings are Jenny and my evenings out - we run errands, I do the grocery shopping, we eat dinner, and talk. Or we would have talked if I didn't have laryngitis:-(.

On Friday was our last Biblical Marriage class at church - these have been very good. Driving home from church Hannah turned to me and said, "Miss Stefanie, you are part of the family now!", so sweet:-). Taking care of young children can be such a special job. As I've learned I can be feeling impatient, or tired, then they will say something sweet, or give me a big hug, or pray in family worship that the Lord will bless me, which changes my attitude...I enjoy these little ones, I'm glad God has given me the job of helping with them and Sammy.

Saturday morning I woke to an inch of ice covering everything and realized two things - 1. The Keepers at Home class that I stayed over at the Es to help with was going to be cancelled. 2. That I was snowed in! A first for me, I've only been snowed in at my own home before......we made a nice day of it though, it included playing in the snow (you don't want to know how long it takes to get 6 children ready to go play in the snow - much longer than they actually spend playing outside, lol), drinking hot chocolate, watching a movie, and I even got to do some reading. That evening we watched Belles On Their Toes together, the sequel to Cheaper By The Dozen. Both were very good movies, anyone from a big family would enjoy them.

I'll close this post with a picture I took of the girls recently when I was babysitting. It's an easy job when they act like this:-)





1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you are to their family! Thanks for sharing your week with us!

    So you live in South Carolina NOW but grew up in Virginia? We live 30 minutes north of Baltimore....and we were snowed in yesterday with snow that was 'supposed' to be a flurry!

    God is so GOOD ~ and HE does have a sense of humor in spite of what some believe! He laughs as the nations rage and probably 'laughs' at the weathermen too! Thanks Stefanie!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1