Thursday, February 18, 2010

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."

Last night's prayer meeting had to be the most interesting church service I have ever attended! When we arrived only about half the lights were working, someone made a joke about only half of the power bill being paid, then we went on to start the service......then half way through the first prayer everything shut down, the room was black!

When the prayer was over Pastor McCurley told us that we would continue worshiping undeterred....he was given a flashlight and went on to do the scripture readings by that light.... I said it was interesting! In the meantime some of the men were working on finding a solution, and someone who lived nearby went and got us a lamp to put by the pulpit which helped a lot.

In God's providence the sermon was on not walking by sight - we had that clearly illustrated for us! About halfway through the sermon the lights came on - I know we were all grateful to be able to see. Things like this are a good reminder to be grateful for the many blessings (such as light!) we take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1