Monday, February 8, 2010

My Daybook

For Today



Outside my window...sunny and cold....cats waiting to be fed...

I am thinking
...of yesterday morning's sermon, Persevering In Prayer - it was so good.

I am thankful for
.....the blessing of good friends! Yesterday I was given my own 6 volume set of Matthew Henry's Commentaries by one of them - I'm so happy to have this:-) Thank you so much, Jayne!

I am wearing
......a gray shirt and denim skirt.

I am remembering...a special little girl who last week asked if she could call me her big sister, and thinking what an awesome responsibility caring for little ones is.......

Listening to...the heat running, once the house wakes up I'm going to put on the new Psalm CD I was loaned.

I am going...to edit pictures, and clean my house today. This evening I am heading to the Es to babysit.

I am currently reading......Matthew Henry's Commentary (this is going to be on the list for a LONG time), The Christian's Daily Walk by Henry Scudder, The Bruised Reed by Richard Sibbes, and of course my Bible.

I am hoping...that I can be a blessing to those around me.

On my mind...what a privilege it is that we can say the words my God and it is true, that He is our God.....and thinking how sad it is how lightly this phrase is often used.

Noticing that...it is amazing how often in church the prayers, scripture readings, and Psalms are about what has been on my mind over the past week!

Pondering these words...We read Psalm 107 in church yesterday and these words stuck with me...."Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven. ... Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD." Ps 107

From the kitchen...dishes that need washing, a lot of cooking to do......

Around the house...a lot of work that needs doing!


One of my favorite things~ I think I have said this before:-), but anyways....singing Psalms. Yesterday after church a group of us got together to sing which was really nice:-)

A few plans for the rest of the week......today I have an unexpected day off, due to a funeral, so am using it to catch up on computer work, emailing, pictures, etc, but mainly cleaning my house. This evening I am babysitting, then working on Tue and Wed, church wed night, home Thur, back at the Es on Fri, and Sat? I don't know......

From my picture journal.......many of you may remember in my Daybook a few weeks ago mentioning a friend who was about to lose his job due to not being willing to work on the Lord's day. Well the Lord heard our prayers, and Mr. V's job was preserved! Our church family celebrated with a cake yesterday - we are so thankful and happy for their family - it is a comfort to see God take care of His people.


For more Daybooks - go to Peggy's blog.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1