Monday, February 15, 2010

My Daybook

For Today

Outside my window...
cold, dark, with a little bit of snow left. I hear we may get more today - I hope not! Last week must have been a record with 49 of the 50 states being covered in snow. Someone said that God is going to keep sending the snow till Al Gore cries, "uncle", all I can say is I hope that happens soon, I am so ready for spring:-)

I am thinking... about all that I need to do this week.
I am thankful for..... the many blessings God has given me.

I am wearing...... a brown shirt and denim skirt.

I am remembering... two conversations over this weekend that got me thinking...

Listening to... the heat running.
I am going... to work at the Es today, will be cooking, doing laundry, helping with the children, etc.

I am currently reading...... my Bible (Ezekiel and John), The Bruised Reed by Richard Sibbes, and Matthew Henry's Commentary on Jonah.
I am hoping... that a crazy idea I had yesterday will work out!
On my mind... these words that I read on Saturday from Matthew Henry -"See how tender God is of his people in their afflictions, yea, though they are foolish and froward, nor is he extreme to mark what they do amiss. God had before prepared a great fish to secure Jonah from the injuries of the water, and here a great gourd to secure him from the injuries of the air; for he is the protector of his people against evils of every kind, has the command of plants as well as animals, and can soon prepare them, to make them serve his purposes, can make their growth sudden, which, in a course of nature, is slow and gradual. A gourd, one would think, was but a slender fortification at the best, yet Jonah was exceedingly glad of the gourd; for, 1. It was really at that time a great comfort to him. A thing in itself small and inconsiderable, yet, coming seasonably, may be to us a very valuable blessing. A gourd in the right place may do us more service than a cedar. The least creatures may be great plagues (as flies and lice were to Pharaoh) or great comforts (as the gourd to Jonah), according as God is pleased to make them."

Noticing that... I'm tired...
Pondering these words... "Listen, O daughter, Consider and incline your ear; Forget your own people also, and your father’s house; So the King will greatly desire your beauty; Because He is your Lord, worship Him." Psalm 45: 10-11. I was reminded of these verses in a conversation yesterday.

From the kitchen... the washer and dryer going, later I'll fix bagels and yogurt for breakfast....not sure what I'll be making for the other meals.

Around the house... Quiet, everyone else is still sleeping.

One of my favorite things~ this is going to make some people laugh - but the Psalm tune Hamilton! Our church learned it back in July and I loved it, since then we have sung it once in church, but I ask for it sometimes at family worship, or when we get together to sing.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... it will most likely be a normal week, on my regular schedule, but who knows?
From my picture journal...... I am tired of being cold so I decided to share a picture from last summer:-) This is my friend Karen and I resting on the plantation house porch at Stone Mountain, Georgia.


Go to Peggy's Blog for more daybooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1