Monday, February 22, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - February 22nd

Outside my window...cloudy and cold. The rain seems to have stopped.

I am thinking... of these verses, "And they from strength unwearied go still forward unto strength, until in Zion they appear before the Lord at length." Psalm 84;7,
"And I will constantly go on in strength of God the Lord..." Psalm 71:16


I am thankful for.....that God continues to provide, and that I was given a new job on Saturday.

I am wearing......a new denim skirt and black shirt.



I am remembering....my busy weekend. It began on Sat with catching up at home on cooking and housework, then I ran errands with Joshua, packed my bag (I think I can probably pack a bag faster than anyone with all the practice I have had lately), then Hannah's princess birthday party, preparing for Mr E's parent's visit, church, and helping with food, etc during the visit.



Listening to...the sound of a busy house, children playing with their grandparents, happy sounds:-)


I am going... to work at the Es today, but take off a bit early, rush home, and clean up my house before guests arrive (I haven't been home since Sat morning, so I know there is a lot to do!) This evening we have a pastoral visit....tomorrow - sleep all day! Just kidding:-)



I am currently reading...... my Bible, Matthew Henry's Commentary on Exodus (I'm loving having my own copies of these!), and A Door Opening Into Everlasting Life by Andrew Gray.



I am hoping... that I will get a good report....



On my mind......conversation I hope to have later.




Noticing that......life just gets busier....




Pondering these words... "Until we are tested we think that we are living on our own strength. It is, however, God alone who keeps us from falling by His preventing grace. We might say, "All men may do this or that, but we will not!" When the trial comes, however, we quickly see that only God's preservation upholds us. God also reveals His renewing grace through our testings. Paul in his prayer for deliverance from his thorn in the flesh, found God's sufficiency and renewing grace (2 Cor 12:90. We do not realize the power and strength that God puts forth on our behalf, and the sufficiency of His grace, until we compare our trials with our weaknesses. God's power and graces are then seen clearly in our lives. The effectiveness of an antidote is not realized until one has been exposed to the poison. The preciousness of a medicine is revealed by the presence of the disease. We will not know the power of grace until we feel the power of testing. We must be tried, to realize the glory of being preserved." ~John Owen
(I got this quote from yesterday's bulletin - thought it was really good.)



From the kitchen.. I made scrambled eggs, biscuits and oranges for breakfast, and have a pork roast in the crock pot for dinner.



Around the house...boxes of stuff to be gone through, plus all the normal Monday work to be done, laundry.....


One of my favorite things~ quiet time with a good book.



A few plans for the rest of the week.....work here today, tonight is our Pastoral visit, tomorrow catch up at home, then watch Olympics with Jenny, Wed - work day and church, Thur - home, then shopping with Jenny in the evening, Fri is a work day, and I'll probably be cleaning a house on Saturday.


From my picture journal......remembering our Valentines Day Dinner, we had such a nice time together:-)








To see more Daybooks go to Peggy's Blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1