Monday, February 1, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY - February 1st, 2010

Outside my window... Dark, cold, and icy.

I am thinking...about conversations from yesterday....

I am thankful for... that my voice is almost back to normal - laryngitis is a pain!

I am wearing... a tiered denim skirt and black shirt, bare feet...

I am remembering... church yesterday, we called into the morning service, but the roads were thawed enough that we were able to drive to the afternoon one. Missing church was a reminder of all my years of meeting at home with just my family, and made me very thankful for the church I am a part of now. Also remembering yesterday's sermons - both were so good!

I am going... to go home this evening.

I am currently reading... my Bible (Jeremiah and Luke), Matthew Henry's Commentary (Genesis), and The Christian's Daily Walk by Henry Scudder

I am hoping... that I can mean the words, "Thy will be done."

On my mind... some of the Psalms we sang and read yesterday, especially 77 and 139.

Noticing that...my cold is almost gone!

Listening to....the washer and dryer.

Pondering these words...Some thoughts from my reading in Matthew Henry yesterday....."The faith of God's people in God's promises is often sorely shaken by their misunderstanding the promises and then suggesting the improbabilities that attend the performance; but God is doing his own work, and will do it, whether we understand him aright or no. Jacob, like Mary (Luke ii. 51), kept these things in his heart, and no doubt remembered them long afterwards, when the event answered to the prediction."
"Joseph was here a type of Christ. Though he was the beloved Son of his Father, and hated by a wicked world, yet the Father sent him out of his bosom to visit us in great humility and love. He came from heaven to earth, to seek and save us; yet then malicious plots were laid against him. He came to his own, and his own not only received him not, but consulted against him: This is the heir, come let us kill him; Crucify him, crucify him. This he submitted to, in pursuance of his design to redeem and save us."
"We must never say, "We will go to our grave mourning," because we know not what joyful days Providence may yet reserve for us, and it is our wisdom and duty to accommodate ourselves to Providence. We often perplex ourselves with imaginary troubles. We fancy things worse than they are, and then afflict ourselves more than we need. Sometimes there needs no more to comfort us than to undeceive us: it is good to hope the best."

Plans for the rest of the week......work at the Es today, home this evening. Catch up at home tomorrow, take the pictures off my camera, back to the Es tomorrow evening, movie night, church and a meeting on Wed, Thursday, home again, Thur night grocery shopping, Fri - at the Es, Sat morning - may have plans with a friend....it looks to be a busy week.....

From the kitchen... coffee brewing, brownies that I baked last night, in a little bit I am going to make oatmeal for breakfast.

Around the house... quiet:-) I am the only one up.

One of my favorite things~ chocolate:-)

From my picture journal... I'm putting up a picture of Sammy today since I miss him. He wasn't able to make it to church yesterday, and I won't see him next week either since Pastor is going to be out of town...


Go to Peggy's blog to do your own daybook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1