Monday, March 1, 2010

My Daybook

Today - Monday, March 1st



"For it is good to begin the day, and begin the year, and especially to begin our lives, with God."
~ Matthew Henry

Outside my window.......dark and cold.

I am thinking... a lot about prayer, these verses, from Genesis 32, are on my mind....."And Jacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the Lord which saidst unto me, Return unto thy country, and to thy kindred, and I will deal well with thee: I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the truth, which thou hast showed unto thy servant; for with my staff I passed over this Jordan; and now I am become two bands. Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, and the mother with the children. And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude."...."And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. "
"Our rule is to call upon God in the time of trouble; we have here an example to this rule, and the success encourages us to follow this example. It was now a time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it; and here we have him praying for that salvation. In his distress he sought the Lord, and he heard him. Times of fear should be times of prayer; whatever frightens us should drive us to our knees, to our God......The best we can say to God in prayer is what he has said to us. God's promises, as they are the surest guide of our desires in prayer, and furnish us with the best petitions, so they are the firmest ground of our hopes, and furnish us with the best pleas. "Lord, thou saidst thus and thus; and wilt thou not be as good as thy word, the word upon which thou had caused me to hope?" The most general promises are applicable to particular cases. "Thou saidst, I will do thee good; Lord, do me good in this matter." ~ some thoughts from Matthew Henry on the verses above.


I am thankful for.....for the privileges I have because I belong to the Lord. We were reminded of this in the sermon yesterday morning.


I am wearing......a denim skirt and black shirt, a sweater, and bare feet....


I am remembering....a year ago today....it was the last Saturday of February, 2009, and the first Lord's day of March, that I came down to Greenville to meet the Es, and check out the church before possibly moving down here. I was so nervous for various reasons, especially that life could be radically changing! It was a huge step for me, but I knew that day that this was where I wanted to worship every Lord's day.


Listening to... quiet!


I am going... to work at the Es today, and finish the house I have been working on cleaning, then go home tonight. I'm hoping for a chance to get some rest tomorrow after I clean my house, catch up on the laundry, and cook for my brothers.


I am currently reading...... my Bible, Matthew Henry's Commentary on Exodus, and All Things For Good by Thomas Watson.


I am hoping... that my prayers will be answered.


On my mind....... something that is bothering about facebook.....as you all know, I love my facebook, it's a great way to keep in touch with siblings and friends. However lately I have been noticing more and more stuff I don't like, 4 letter words and generally inappropriate stuff from some, then other posts on the opposite extreme from others, that I know scared off a couple young Christians.....very sad, I wish people would be more careful about what they post and realize how far reaching it can be.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16
"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:6"And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works." Hebrews 10:24
I want to end this thought on a positive note by thanking my many friends who frequently put up helpful, edifying, encouraging stuff - know that I appreciate you all:-)



Noticing that......I am needed.


Pondering these words... Joshua and I recently had a conversation about prayer and waiting on the Lord so when I read this passage a couple days later it got me thinking, noticing how she kept asking even when she got no answer, or a no. Then she was given what she desired, and told that she had great faith!

"Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour."

Matthew 15:21-28


From the kitchen.. in a little while I'll fix bagels and yogurt for breakfast, we haven't discussed what else I'll be cooking today....


Around the house...here at the Es, quiet time, later on laundry, cooking, schoolwork, etc, etc. At my home Joshua has been doing a lot of yardwork, fencing, etc. Once things are green and pretty I plan to post some pictures of our yard.


One of my favorite things~ a good night's sleep!


A few plans for the rest of the week..... Lord willing, my normal work schedule, I don't think I need to type it all out again......church and a meeting Wed night, a visit with friends and getting my hair trimmed on Sat, then my brothers and I are invited to friends' house for dinner on the Lord's day after church.


From my picture journal...... the view from the porch of the house I cleaned this past week, a nice country scene:-)




For more daybooks go to Peggy's Blog ~ The Simple Woman's Daybook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1