Monday, March 8, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - Monday, March 8th

Outside my window.......just getting light. I think today is supposed to be beautiful and springlike.


I am thinking... that going through trials shows us how far we still have to go, and learn, how weak my faith is, remembering these verses ~ "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. " 2 Corinthians 4:6-10


I am thankful for.....good friends that have done so much to help me.



I am wearing......a denim skirt, black shirt, and bare feet.


I am remembering....all the good things the Lord has done for me this past year, all that He has given me.


Listening to... I'm hoping to listen to a sermon, I was in the habit of listening to one every morning, then when things got so busy that fell by the wayside. It's a habit I would like to pick up again.



I am going...to do normal housework today, laundry, cooking, getting ready for guests, etc. I'm hoping to set up a phone date with a friend tonight.



I am currently reading...... my Bible, Matthew Henry's Commentary on Exodus, and The Lord's Prayer by Thomas Watson.


I am hoping... that my prayers will be answered.


On my mind.......Magnifying mercies, counting blessings, realizing how much I have to be thankful for.....


Noticing that......the children are really growing, I moved in with the Es one year ago and when I look at pictures from that time I can definitely see a change. It makes me wonder how much my little siblings have changed.......



Pondering these words... " I delight to do thy will, O my God." Psalm 40:8 "Then will I to God's alter go, to God my chiefest joy." Psalm 43:4



From the kitchen..I am making lasagna, homemade rolls, and lemon meringue dessert today.


Around the house...there is plenty too keep me busy around both houses I "live" in!


One of my favorite things~ libraries!


A few plans for the rest of the week .....My schedule has changed a little this week, I'm going to be staying at the Es Mon, Tue, Wed, and Fri. I'm looking forward to going to hear Dr. David Murray preach at the Greenville Seminary Conference on Tue and Wed nights, I always love his sermons. As for the rest of the week....I don't know yet.....

From my picture journal.....some cookies I baked last week.


For more daybooks go to The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1