Monday, March 15, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - Monday, March 15th

A Season And A Time


Outside my window.......spring is coming! I can see a green haze of buds about to burst open on some of the trees, the wild roses have tiny leaves, and the first of the wildflowers are blooming!


I am thinking......... I have been thinking about what it means to be a Christian, not just saying I am a Christian, and going to church, but really living it. These verses were on my mind."Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. " Luke 6:38 "But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. " Luke 11:42 "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." James 1:22,23,27

I am thankful for.....my church.




I am wearing......a denim skirt, blue shirt, and bare feet.



Remembering......last week when someone thought I belonged in a group of teens and college students, I love it:-)


Listening to...early morning quiet




I am going...to work at the Es today. We are getting back on our normal schedule, and back to school after a week off, I suspect it may be a tiring day..... !




I am currently reading...... my Bible, Matthew Henry's Commentary on Exodus. I have a whole pile of books waiting to be read...



I am hoping... that my prayers will be answered.




On my mind....... Something I read yesterday in Matthew Henry that I found very comforting. "How small and poor soever the tribe was, it was a precious stone in the breast-plate of the high priest; thus are all the saints dear to Christ, and his delight is in them as the excellent ones of the earth, however men may esteem them as earthen pitchers, Lam. iv. 2. 3. The high priest had the names of the tribes both on his shoulders and on his breast, intimating both the power and the love with which our Lord Jesus intercedes for those that are his. He not only bears them up upon his heart, as the expression here is (v. 29), carries them in his bosom (Isa. xl. 11), with the most tender affection. How near should Christ's name be to our hearts, since he is pleased to lay our names so near his! and what a comfort it is to us, in all our addresses to God, that the great high priest of our profession has the names of all his Israel upon his breast before the Lord for a memorial, presenting them to God as the people of his choice, who were to be made accepted in the beloved! Let not any good Christians fear that God has forgotten them, nor question his being mindful of them upon all occasions, when they are not only engraven upon the palms of his hands (Isa. xlix. 16), but engraven upon the heart of the great intercessor."



Noticing that......unlike most of the world, I have 2 bedrooms:-)...of course that does involve a lot of living out of a bag.....


Pondering these words...."But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:9-12


From the kitchen..coffee brewing.



Around the house... a whole day's work waiting to be done....



One of my favorite things~a cuddly baby:-)


A few plans for the rest of the week... .I am going to be at the Es on Mon, Wed, and Fri this week as far as I know, I'll be babysitting on Thur night and Fri, then there is church on Wed night. I'm hoping to get a chance to do some shopping at some point, and have nothing planned for the weekend.



From my picture journal.....a picture of me and my dear friend, and soon to be sister, Adri.



For more Daybooks go to Peggy's blog

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Stefanie! God Bless you this week and I hope you get to go shopping too! Blessings all around for those who have the eyes to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww we are going to be sisters! you have no idea how happy that makes me :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1