Monday, March 29, 2010

My Daybook


For Today - Monday, March 29th



Outside my window....... too dark too tell, hopefully last night's storms are over.


I am thinking......... that life is changing so fast for my siblings......



I am thankful for..... my new sister!



I am wearing..... a skirt and t shirt.


Remembering...... my brother's wedding on Sat. It was beautiful! Lord willing I can put up some pictures on this blog when I go home tomorrow.


Listening to...... quiet.



I am going... to go out and take a walk, then start in on the day's work. I've already got the laundry going....I'm also going to start piano lessons this week - a friend is going to teach me. I hope I can figure it out!

I am currently reading...... my Bible, Matthew Henry's Commentary on Exodus, and a couple other things, A Heart Aflame by John Calvin, Taking Heaven By Storm by Thomas Watson, and The Mystery Of Providence by John Flavel. The last one I am only a chapter or so into but it already has me really thinking about how many blessings I have taken for granted.



I am hoping... that the Lord will answer my prayers.



On my mind......a conversation I recently had with one of my brothers about going through trials, he commented how much better it is to know we belong to the Lord and suffer, than to not believe and maybe have an easier life.....it made me think of this quote from a book I recently read - "Here is strong consolation to the violent Christian: thou art in the way to the kingdom. Though perhaps thou hast not the joy which some meet with yet it is happy that thou art in the way. Bless God that while some lie in the total neglect of duty, God hath given thee a heart to seek him, Psalm 105:3. 'Let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.' Nay, God hath not only given thee a heart to do duty, but to do duty mixed with love...Though we wait long, and have not the thing waited for, yet let us continue doing our duty."...... "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrews 12:11-14



Noticing that......
I am so very tired.




Pondering these words.... "Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.... For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God..... For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.... Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation." ~ some verses in Psalm 38 from my reading yesterday.



From the kitchen.. coffee!



Around the house... plenty to keep me busy......



One of my favorite things~ seeing friends and family I haven't seen in awhile, hugging and catching up!




A few plans for the rest of the week... . this is another busy week coming up. Mon, Wed, and Fri here at the Es, a visit with a friend on Tue, movie on Tue night, church and a meeting on Wed night, getting ready for company on Thur, friends from Pennsylvania staying with me Thur night, Sat? I don't know yet......



From my picture journal~a picture of the afghan I just crocheted for Becky's baby. They are convinced it is a boy so I went out on a limb and did something blue.....sure hope I made the right choice!


For more daybooks go to Peggy's blog.


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty afghan Stefanie! My Hannah crochets all the time too! I used too also, but now I am usually stamping or scrap booking when I sit down for more than 10 minutes! Ha. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1