Thursday, April 15, 2010

An update

I have just realized it has been more than a month since I posted an update on this blog......where does the time go?! Spring has come to South Carolina, I've enjoyed how much earlier it comes here than it did in Virginia. The pollen has also arrived.....I'm told normal bad pollen levels are about 120, but this year they are at 5,000! As a result we are all coughing, sneezing, itching, and I have laryngitis from coughing so much.

Life has been busy with plenty of excitement mixed in, a wedding is being planned; Seth and Tara are getting married next month! I'm looking forward to all the friends and family I'll get to spend time with that weekend. It is hard to believe that I am going to be attending the third one of my siblings' weddings, all in the space of less than a year!
I'm also looking forward to getting to spend a day with some of my siblings next month at a dairy goat show in Clemson.When we were all younger we used to spend most Fridays and Saturdays doing the show circuit in all the surrounding states so it feels like old times when we all get together at a show......
We've also been working on a move, Jenny's parents are moving in next door, so lots of hauling truckloads of stuff, unpacking, organizing, etc. It's great how the children can run back and forth between the two houses to help out:-)
Other excitement is that Jenny's sister and her five children will be coming from the UK to spend the summer here in South Carolina with us. With 11 children running around I think it is safe to assume that my summer is going to be very busy.
Of course I can't forget my first niece or nephew will be joining us this summer!

I am continuing to be very thankful for my church, Greenville Presbyterian. The Lord has blessed us, we have grown so much since I joined about a year ago, so much so that we have outgrown our meeting place. It is such a blessing to have such a good church to attend, to be under good preaching, and enjoy Christian fellowship.....an answer to many prayers! This week is our communion season so we are praying for the Lord's blessing on that. And while I'm counting my blessings I should also say how thankful I am for where the Lord has placed me, I've found the verse from Psalm 68, "God doth the solitary set in families," to be very true. I'm so blessed to have a second family to be with when my own family is so far away!

And now it is time to get to work which for today involves catching up on housekeeping for my brothers, and grocery shopping. I'll be spending the weekend with the Es helping with overnight guests, we have a communion preparatory service on Saturday, and communion season on the Lord's day. And there you have it, an update on what is going on in my life:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1