Monday, May 3, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - May 3rd

Outside my window......it's getting light. It looks cloudy.

I am thinking......of my reading in Matthew Henry about the pillar of cloud and fire, and how thankful I am the the Lord guides us......"We are not now to expect such sensible tokens of the divine presence and guidance as this was, but the promise is sure to all God's spiritual Israel that he will guide them by his counsel (Ps. lxxiii. 24), even unto death (Ps. xlviii. 14), that all the children of God shall be led by the Spirit of God (Rom. viii. 14), that he will direct the paths of those who in all their ways acknowledge him, Prov. iii. 6. There is a particular providence conversant about all their affairs, to direct and overrule them for the best. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, Ps. xxxvii. 23. (2.) The particular regard we ought to have to God in all our ways. In our affections and actions we must follow the direction of his word and Spirit; all the motions of our souls must be guided by the divine will; at the commandment of the Lord our hearts should always move and rest; in all our affairs we must follow Providence, reconciling ourselves to all its disposals, and bringing our mind to our condition, whatever it is.Those that have given up themselves to the direction of God's word and Spirit steer a steady course, even when they seem to be bewildered. While they are sure they cannot lose their God and guide, they need not fear losing their way."


I am thankful for....my family and church family, I feel so blessed to know and be with all of them.


I am wearing.....a pink shirt and denim skirt.



Remembering......short term....last night and the chocolate cookies:-), long term....a year ago this week Joshua and I moved into his house.


Listening to.......the sound of the washer and dryer.



I am going...to be so busy this week!


I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Numbers, A Lifting Up For The Downcast by William Bridge, and Experiencing God's Presence by Matthew Henry.



I am hoping....for grace and strength.



On my mind......my trip to Virginia next week - I'm excited:-)


Noticing.....closing doors

Pondering these words....Those that have given up themselves to the direction of God's word and Spirit steer a steady course, even when they seem to be bewildered. While they are sure they cannot lose their God and guide, they need not fear losing their way..... those that by faith commit their works to the Lord, though they are bound to the prudent use of means, yet may in like manner be easy in the expectation of the event. "Father, thy will be done; dispose of me and mine as thou pleasest; here I am, desirous to be found waiting on my God continually, to journey and rest at the commandment of the Lord. What thou wilt, and where thou wilt, only let me be thine, and always in the way of my duty."


From the kitchen.....coffee, then bagels and yogurt for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and what I'm making for dinner I don't know yet.



Around the house...sleeping people.



One of my favorite things~ "inside jokes" between friends and family:-)


A few plans for the rest of the week....this week is going to be so busy! To start with I have a million things to do before going away for a week, packing, cooking ahead, whatever either of my two households need me to do before I go.....Lord willing I'll do my normal schedule at the Es, church and a meeting Wed night, shopping and giving my house a good cleaning on Thur, out of town family starts "descending" on us Fri, rehearsal dinner Fri, Sat is Seth and Tara's wedding(!), then that evening visiting with Caleb and Adri who are staying for the weekend.



From my picture journal~ I love this picture of all of us praying at Caleb and Adri's wedding.

For more Daybooks go to The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. I like the verse also in Isaiah that says "I, being in the way, was led." God is faithful and we can trust HIS good hand. Often in the dark is when our faith is strongest....HE is with you Stefanie ~ what sweet promises!
    Enjoy your busy busy week and smile ~ HE cares for YOU!! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring entry today. I just returned from Virginia visiting relatives, it is my birthplace. What a beautiful state. May the Lord give you extra strength for all this week holds for you. Thanks for blessing me today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1