Monday, May 17, 2010

My Daybook

For Today ~ May 17th


Outside my window.....South Carolina....I'm home again.



I am thinking......about Psalm 102. We sang it in church the week before last and it has stayed with me....



I am thankful for....the good friends God has given me. I was so helped by all of your love last week.



I am wearing.....a pink shirt and jean skirt.


Remembering.... yesterday morning's sermon on these verses,
"He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down." ~ Luke 13:6-9.
It was so good, helpful, humbling, and encouraging. I decided the Lord is definitely "digging around my fig tree" right now! To understand that you will have to listen to the sermon I posted below. I hope ya'll like it as much as I did......



Listening to.......quiet which isn't going to last for long.




I am going.....to work at the Es today, get back into normal routine, catch up the laundry......etc, etc. It's good to be back:-)


I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Numbers, A Lifting Up For The Downcast by William Bridge, Experiencing God's Presence by Matthew Henry, Keep Still My Soul, and A Path Through Suffering both by Elizabeth Elliot. I love her books!


I am hoping.....for different things that I can't talk about now.



On my mind....that the Lord is good, He is a Father who will never leave us.
"He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." ~ Hebrews 13:5



Noticing....that I am exhausted....I need a vacation to get over my vacation! It was a wonderful week, but we packed in so much I feel worn out....


Pondering these words...This quote about the Israelites looking on the serpent from my Matthew Henry reading got me thinking...."The people prayed that God would take away the serpents from them, but God saw fit not to do this: for he gives effectual relief in the best way, though not in our way."


From the kitchen....three meals to cook.


Around the house....my SC family who seem happy to have me back, I was almost knocked down by the big hugs from the children when they first saw me yesterday:-)


One of my favorite things~children's hugs.



A few plans for the rest of the week....just thinking about answering this makes me feel tired.....I'm working at the Es on Mon, Tue, and Fri this week. Jenny's sister and her 5 children will be arriving from England on Wed, also on Wed I plan to devote a chunk of time to editing all my wedding pictures, and I am supposed to be starting in on creating a wedding scrapbook for my sister. Shopping with Jenny on Thur night, a Psalm sing at church on Friday.....and I'm planning on spending the weekend here with the Es since my brothers are going to be out of town. Obviously there are many things I have to catch up on after being gone for a week.....beyond that I don't know what else.....but I have learned there is always "something else."




From my picture journal~
I fell in love with this adorable little girl last week!

For more go to the Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1