Monday, May 24, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - May 24th


Outside my window...... it's still spring, but it looks like summer.




I am thinking......about family, my brother Joshua. He is moving today to Tennessee for the summer, and my Mom who is celebrating a birthday this week. Life has included a lot of goodbyes recently.




I am thankful for..... That the Lord has put me in safe place where I am being taught. "For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee. And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left." Isaiah 30:19-21


I am wearing.....a khaki skirt and black shirt.



Remembering.....my weekend, I spent it at the Es and it was very busy, included babysitting , picking strawberries, making jam, a Psalm sing, and more.......



Listening to.......quiet.




I am going.....to work at the Es today, then head home tonight. Tomorrow I want to get a good start on the wedding scrapbook I am making for my sister.



I am currently reading.....my Bible, I should finish Matthew Henry's commentary on Numbers this week, A Lifting Up For The Downcast by William Bridge, and The Mortification of Sin by John Owen.



I am hoping...that this waiting won't last forever...



On my mind.....what a huge responsibility it is having so many "little eyes" looking up to me.




Noticing.....that children keep life from being boring! They can say the most hilarious things.....




Pondering these words...actually I am thinking about our sermon yesterday on these verses, "And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. " Luke 13:10-13 It gave me a lot to think about, the purpose of suffering, God's time, glorifying God etc, but the thought that really stayed with me was, "what if this woman had given up after 17 years?"




From the kitchen.....it is Daniel's 6th birthday today so we are having hot dogs, beans, corn on the cob, and cake for dinner.


Around the house.....11 children, good thing I am the oldest in a large family and have experience with this......



One of my favorite things~ when we gather for family worship at the end of the day.




A few plans for the rest of the week....today is a normal work day, except that it is also a birthday, tomorrow I'll be at home. I have a bunch of pictures to edit and post, and a scrapbook to work on, that evening a wedding reception to attend. Wed is a normal work day and church, Thur I'll help the Es get ready for their trip, and Fri and Sat I'll be at home.




From my picture journal~ a picture of some of my favorite people - all in one place.


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I like the picture of all of us at the park. That was a fun morning picnic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1