Monday, May 31, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - May 31st


Outside my window...... goats, chickens, a dog.... pouring down rain.

I am thinking...... that I have too much on my mind! Mostly though about something we talked about yesterday, what is more important than bringing God glory, and how can I do that?



I am thankful for.....that God is in control of all things and makes no mistakes.



I am wearing.....a black shirt and black print skirt.


Remembering.....well I have been remembering Becky's wedding all weekend long since I have been working on her wedding scrapbook.


Listening to.......conversation in the next room, the sounds of a thunderstorm outside




I am going.....to spend the day with friends, plus there is unpacking, cooking, shopping, laundry....always plenty to do around here:-)




I am currently reading.....my Bible, and Matthew Henry's commentary on Deuteronomy.




I am hoping...that this week will be quieter than last week!



On my mind..... a number of different verses are running through my mind today ~
"Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it." Isaiah 30:21

"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings." Psalm 61:1-4
"I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people ...Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good." Psalm 85:8,12

Noticing.....that I often can't have things as organized and planned ahead as I would like, the Lord keeps rearranging my plans.


Pondering these words...something I read in Matthew Henry the other day that was comforting."And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house"...In the name he gave, he owned the divine Providence giving this happy turn to his affairs, and he was made to forget his misery, Job xi. 16. ...We should bear our afflictions when they are present as those that know not but Providence may so outweigh them by after-comforts as that we may even forget them when they are past."



From the kitchen.....the challenge of figuring out 3 meals to feed a crowd of people:-)

Around the house.....lots of laundry and unpacking to do after last week's trip.

One of my favorite things~holding a sleeping baby.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....I don't know! I think we will be getting onto our normal schedule again this week, whatever normal is these days...movie night on Tue, church and a meeting on Wed, I don't know what else.....

From my photo journal ~ a picture of one of the scrapbook pages I created Saturday





For more go to The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this and the beautiful verses you are contmeplating, Stephanie.
    The scrap book page is just gorgeous. I do like to scrap but I am afraid I am not very creative.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1