Friday, June 25, 2010

Heavenly Springs

Yesterday I picked up this book that I borrowed from a friend and read through almost half of it in one sitting! Here are a few quotes from my reading....

"All we get is not got by praying. We often get a great deal we never ask for. There are some blessings which are altogether His giving."

"The more you have of the wisdom and knowledge of God, the more you will attend to duty."

"There is reward for thinking upon His name (Malachi 3:16). That is a quiet way of serving God that is open to everyone."

"Live one day at a time, no more. It is the burden of one day that the Lord carries. 'Give us this day our daily bread.'"

"We are to be rewarded not only for work done, but for burdens borne, and I am not sure but the brightest rewards will be for those who have borne burdens without murmuring."

" 'This is my beloved Son, hear Him.' It was worthwhile opening Heaven to utter these words."

" 'They that feared the Lord spake often to one another, and the Lord...heard.' He listened, and He marked down the attendance, to be put in His book of remembrance. A congregation of true worshippers is just a congregation of those who think upon the Lord."

"God fills our hands with work, but He does not overburden us. When we are overburdened it is time for us to stop."

"I see that faith is high just when thoughts about our Lord himself are high and great and satisfying. It was thus with the centurion, and he went away with his prayer fully granted."

"Some anxious souls may wish that Christ had given us a definition of faith. But He does not. He says, "Have it,' but He does not explain what it is. He wants us to look up, and not in - to look at the object of faith, and not to the act of faith."

"Those who have real love to Christ always wish they had more."



1 comment:

  1. Great quotes, Stefanie! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1