Monday, June 7, 2010

My Daybook


For Today - June 7th


Outside my window...... sunny and warm.




I am thinking...... about the trip I am trying to plan.




I am thankful for.....God's promises....."Surely that which concerneth me the Lord will perfect make." Psalm 138:8

"Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." Isaiah 49:15-16




I am wearing.....a brown and blue print skirt and blue shirt.




Remembering.....past mercies....this sermon and how it got me thinking and turned my life around nearly a year and a half ago.





Listening to.......quiet, everyone else is asleep.




I am going.....to take a walk, make a phone call, get the children breakfast, do laundry, the list goes on......




I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Deuteronomy, and A Quest For A Meek and Quiet Spirit by Matthew Henry.




I am hoping...that the Lord will make what I should do very clear to me.





On my mind..... .....these verses we sang yesterday from Psalm 106, "But soon did they His mighty works forget unthankfully, And on His counsel and His will did not wait patiently.....He gave them what they sought, but to their soul He leaness sent."



Pondering these words.....from my reading the other day on Moses asking to go into the promised land....."he was touched with an earnest desire to go over himself, which expresses itself not in any passionate and impatient complaints, or reflections upon the sentence he was under, but in humble prayers to God for a gracious reversing of it. I besought the Lord. Note, We should never allow any desires in our hearts which we cannot in faith offer up to God by prayer; and what desires are innocent, let them be presented to God. We have not because we ask not. God quieted the spirit of Moses under the decree that had gone forth by that word. Let it suffice thee. With this word, no doubt, a divine power went to reconcile Moses to the will of God, and to bring him to acquiesce in it. If God does not by his providence give us what we desire, yet, if by his grace he makes us content without it, it comes much to one. "Let it suffice thee to have God for thy father, and heaven for thy portion, though thou hast not every thing thou wouldest have in this world. Be satisfied with this, God is all-sufficient." He put an honour upon his prayer in directing him not to insist upon this request: Speak no more to me of this matter. It intimates that what God does not think fit to grant we should not think fit to ask, and that God takes such a pleasure in the prayer of the upright that it is no pleasure to him, no, not in any particular instance, to give a denial to it." ~ Matthew Henry




From the kitchen..... I'm doing meal planning and cooking since Jenny is on non food diet for 10 days. I think we are going to do chili tonight, and I'm putting together lasagna for tomorrow night too.




Around the house..... plenty of work to do.



One of my favorite things~ Lord's day evenings.



A few plans for the rest of the week..... my week is kind of up in the air right now. I should be here on my normal schedule for the beginning of the week, I have a phone date on Tue, then I may be spending a few days down in Georgia.



From my photo journal ~ Katie! She's so cute:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1