Monday, June 14, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - June 14th


Outside my window...... a warm summer day that is going to be hot later. We should hit the mid 90s today.



I am thinking......about the trip I am planning on the 4th of July weekend - I'm looking forward to spending time with friends and family.

I am thankful for.......that I got to go to church yesterday - my travel plans got switched and I'm leaving today instead of Saturday, as originally planned. Also for friends who take the time to listen and give me good advice, I'm very blessed.


I am wearing.....a jean skirt, and pink shirt.



Remembering..... the movie we watched on Sat night. It was on the teen channel and mainly set in a high school which all seemed so foreign to me after being homeschooled. It made me feel even more firmly than before that if the Lord gives me children I want to homeschool them!


Listening to.......the washer and dryer, and coffee brewing. I love being up early when the house is still quiet:-)


I am going.....to leave in a little while for Augusta where I am going to be spending a few days with Mr E's aunt who is recovering from surgery. Also going to say goodbye to you all as I am going to be without a computer for the next few days....Yes, I CAN do it, and it will probably be good for me:-) But I will miss you all!


I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Deuteronomy, and I've been rereading some in The Rare Jewel Of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs.


I am hoping...... that I can get my own computer soon.....does anyone have any suggestions for what would be good for me, good deals, etc? Thanks!



On my mind...... These verses from Joel 2 that we read in church yesterday ."Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things....And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed."


Pondering these words....."Let me consider what is the duty of my present circumstances, and content my heart with this, and say, 'Well, though I am in a low position, yet I am serving the counsels of God in these circumstances where I am; it is the counsel of God that has brought me into these circumstances that I am in, and I desire to serve the counsel of God in these circumstances.' "
~ Jeremiah Burroughs


From the kitchen..... I have laundry going, we probably will pack up some food for our trip, and I think leftovers for dinner.



Around the house..... right now it is pretty quiet, but soon there will be all the commotion of getting ready for our trip. Jenny is driving me to Augusta.




One of my favorite things~ when we all eat dinner together:-)



A few plans for the rest of the week.....at this point I don't know what my week looks like. I'm leaving in a little while, and will probably be back mid week, but don't know for sure. It's all Lord willing....


From my photo journal ~ a picture of my brother and I.


For more Daybooks visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

  1. Have a good trip, Stephanie.
    I do love the verse from Joel as well. During a particularly traumatic couple of years I took comfort that the Lord will restore those seemingly eaten up, wasted times. \
    I appreciate your thoughts and posts, especially as you seem so young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruby!
    By the way, I have been meaning to ask what church you attend? You had mentioned being a psalm singer awhile back and I was curious.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,
    I attend the Grace Presbyterian Church in Rockhampton, Queensland. We are a member of the Australian Free Church. There is a link at the top of my blog for information about the AFC/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1