Monday, June 21, 2010

My daybook...

For Today - June 21st




Outside my window......home, I'm back from after a week down in Augusta.

I am thinking......of this verse in 2 Thessalonians that I read in my Bible reading the other morning. "Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ."

I am thankful for.......that one year ago this week I joined Greenville Presbyterian - I'm so blessed to be a part of this church.

I am wearing..... a jean skirt and pink shirt.


Remembering..... my crazy van ride home from Augusta with the Es on Friday night, all being silly trying to stay awake!

Listening to.....Emily vacuuming.

I am going..... change out my earrings, I've finally finished out 6 weeks with my starter pair. Though if you want to get technical, I cheated and changed them yesterday:-)

I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Deuteronomy, and I've been rereading some in The Rare Jewel Of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs. As a side note let me just say that I think everyone should read this book, it will change the way you think.....


I am hoping...... that my prayers will be answered. That I can "Trust God and do the next thing."

On my mind...... These verses I came across in my reading on contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs. It makes you think about how much the Lord hates a complaining, bad, unthankful attitude."Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee: Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things." Deuteronomy 28:45,47
Pondering these words

Around the house..... laundry to be done, and much more.

One of my favorite things~organization!

A few plans for the rest of the week .....Probably just normal work, though I hope to get in a visit with a friend, and I have a letter to write, I'm going to spend a day with my sister in law getting our hair done, etc, then there will be a movie night, church, shopping.....Maybe I can even get back to my scrapbook which I haven't touched in weeks.

From my photo journal ~ this picture speaks for itself!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1