Monday, June 28, 2010

My daybook

For Today - June 28th


Outside my window...... early morning bright sunshine. While it is not right outside my window, I'm loving all the beautiful Crepe Myrtle that is blooming in SC now.


I am thinking......about the sermon series we just began on the book of Leviticus. I think Pastor got us all excited about going thru this book, I know after reading through Matthew Henry on it that I'm looking forward to it.


I am thankful for.......
that I have good friends I can go to for godly counsel.



I am wearing.....a purple shirt and flowered skirt.


Remembering.....a conversation I had yesterday with friends about the importance of resting on the Lord's day. "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."


Listening to....conversation in the next room.



I am going.....to make breakfast, and do laundry, tho really I am multitasking now, laundry is started, bagels are toasting....


I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Deuteronomy, and I've been reading in a book I borrowed from a friend, The Fullness of Christ Unfolded In The History Of Joseph. I've just been reading about Joseph in my Bible reading, and he has been on my mind lately so I'm enjoying reading this. Also Heavenly Springs by Andrew Bonar, a book filled with quotes from his diary, letters, and sermons - I really like this one!


I am hoping......that I can get details of my travel plans finalized very soon.


On my mind......"Rejoicing with those who rejoice."


Pondering these words....."There is reward for thinking upon His name (Malachi 3:16). That is a quiet way of serving God that is open to everyone."


Noticing that.....actions speak much louder than words.


Around the house....
.another busy Monday.



One of my favorite things~
when someone notices a need for help and pitches in without being asked.


A few plans for the rest of the week .....This is going to be such a busy week! It should begin as normal, but I have two trips to prepare for, helping the Es get ready to go to Arkansas, and I'm going to spend a few days in Virginia and Maryland visiting friends and relatives. So much to do, but it will be fun:-)



From my photo journal ~ I love this picture I took of Katie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1