Monday, July 19, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - July 19th

Outside my window......I'm thankful to see it rained some yesterday -- we really needed it.


I am thinking......about these verses that our sermons were on yesterday, "And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined. And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation." ~ Isaiah 25:6-9
And these verses that we sang from Psalm 28 in church and in family worship yesterday ~

" For ever blessed be the Lord,
for graciously he heard
The voice of my petitions,
and prayers did regard.

The Lord's my strength and shield; my heart
upon him did rely;
And I am helped: hence my heart
doth joy exceedingly,

And with my song I will him praise.
Their strength is God alone:
He also is the saving strength
of his anointed one.

O thine own people do thou save,
bless thine inheritance;
Them also do thou feed, and them
for evermore advance."


I am thankful for.......a whole list of things ~ For my church, my pastor, our communion yesterday, good friends, good conversations, being held accountable, etc, etc......


I am wearing.....
a denim tiered skirt and striped pink shirt, bare feet:-)


Remembering.....
can I answer this one with another list?
Yesterday's sermons, more on that later.
A good evening of fellowship with the R family yesterday:-)
My friends who decided last night that it was time for me to try beer (I've never wanted to cause I think it smells bad, lol) They handed me a cup and hovered with the camera so it took me some time before I could stop laughing and take a sip. After all that......I didn't like it:-) Haha!


Listening to....
Jenny typing on her computer across the room from me.


I am going.....
work on this blog post......actually get started on the morning work, send a couple emails, feed the children breakfast, just regular stuff.


Noticing that....
I'm tired - I got into bed at 12:57 last night:-(


I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Joshua, and The Fullness Of Christ by Octavious Winslow. I plan to post more from this book as the week goes on, Lord willing.


I am hoping.....
that I can remember and apply all the counsel I have been given.


On my mind...... as always after a communion season I have so much on my mind it almost "hurts", so much to think about and remember from three sermons, and a table address, but its a good "problem" to have. One thing I'm especially remembering is in the table address where Pastor said if we are dissatisfied with Christ it is because of our sin, because we have moved away from Him.


Pondering these words.....yesterday afternoon's sermon which was on being glad in Christ, waiting on Him, and rejoicing in Him -- one I'm going to go back and listen to again.


Around the house.....everyone is sleepy after last night.


One of my favorite things~a good conversation about the sermon at lunch on the Lord's day.


A few plans for the rest of the week .....I don't know yet! Probably just normal work.Lord willing I'll be home tomorrow and I want to go through my books and find something new to read.....I should try to get some more work done on my sister's scrapbook......and I'm sure there will be plenty to keep me busy -- there always is!


From my photo journal ~ I have two pictures today:-) The first is of me with friends last night (no, I'm not sharing the one my friend took of me making a face after I tried the beer, lol). The second is of our communion table.



For more daybooks visit the Simple Woman's Daybook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1