Monday, July 26, 2010

My Daybook

For Today -July 26th

Outside my window......another hot summer day. It's been so hot and dry here.

I am thinking......about this verse from Psalm 4 that we sang in family worship recently,"Upon my heart, bestowed by thee, more gladness I have found Than they, even then, when corn and wine did most with them abound."

I am thankful for.......working internet!....and I spoke too soon. Right after I wrote that I lost my connection:-( But overall it has been working much better lately.

I am wearing.....a black skirt and green shirt.

Remembering.....this verse we talked about last night, "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly...for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him." ~Matthew 6:6,8

Listening to.....the washer and dryer, the sounds of the children watching a movie.

I am going....to be tired today, I stayed up talking till almost midnight last night.

Noticing that....I feel in the mood to do some cooking.

I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Joshua, and The Glory of Christ by John Owen. Last Tuesday I had the fun of going on a "book hunt" out in our shed.....I'm storing two different friends' libraries right now and am free to borrow and read any of the books. I was thinking the Lord really does provide all our needs, even giving me access to so many good books to read!

I am hoping......"According as the days have been, wherein we grief have had, And years wherein we ill have seen, so do thou make us glad." Psalm 90:15

On my mind......a thought brought up in family worship and in a conversation recently. We read in Matthew 21 about the multitudes crying, "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest", then at least some of those same people, just a short time later were saying, "Crucify Him." The question that brings to mind is, do our actions match what we say? I can post great stuff on here, but what good does it do if I'm not living it?

Pondering these words.......a quote from Matthew Henry we talked about when we were driving home from church yesterday -- "...here Solomon shows the hand of God in all these changes; it is he that has made every creature to be that to us which it is."

Around the house....I'm doing laundry, and about to go take my walk.

One of my favorite things~my church.

A few plans for the rest of the week .....it's going to be a busy week! A normal day today, as far as I know, tomorrow is my day off at home, then in the evening instead of our normal movie night Jenny and I are meeting up with several other ladies from church at Cato for some shopping. I'll try to post some pictures on here later:-). Then all our normal work, piano lessons, church, menu planning, grocery shopping.....Mr E's parents are coming to visit at the end of the week, and we have a birthday party on Saturday.

From my photo journal ~I've been "playing" with some photo editing recently and made this wallpaper for my computer using a favorite verse.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Stefanie ~ nice poster for your lap top at the end! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1