Monday, July 12, 2010

"Though the fig tree should not blossom.......


"Himself with me has been quiet consolation in the day of sorrow."


"In this world ye shall have tribulation, but draw closer to Me!"


"If you are a child of God there is nothing in the world you can do without, and have a heaven in the want of it."


"I have learned in some measure that the Lord can fill the soul with Himself, where He takes away what seems indispensable to our happiness.


"Never be offended at Christ's providences. He will recompense all to you, even in this life. 'A hundredfold more in this life.' O believer, keep Him to His promise."


"When God has wiped every tear from our eyes we shall see His providences very clearly."


"Jesus left His disciples in the little boat in the storm on the lake of Galilee purposely that He might come to them in the fourth watch of the night and deliver them. I think He would have come to them sooner, perhaps in the first or second watch, if they had trusted Him."

"When present affliction strips us of all earthly comforts, so that we can adopt Habbakuk's words; if it makes us look within the veil and hear Christ saying, 'Am I not better than all of my gifts?' then affliction is a blessing. How far will the blessing go? It worketh out for us an eternal weight of glory. Affliction for a moment, then an eternal weight of glory to recompense it! Instead of there being just a possibility that the affliction may do us good, Paul says, 'It is beyond measure efficacious. You could not do without it.' To Paul the heaviest affliction seemed but a feather resting on his soul, because he lived so much within the veil. If we cannot, like him, say, 'Our light affliction,' let us try to say at any rate, 'It is but for a moment.'"


" 'The joy of the Lord is your strength.' Whatever is burdening you, get back to that joy of the Lord, and you are above the trouble. When harassed by a multitude of cares you have perhaps got from the Lord such a time of joy that perhaps for that time you were above all care. So in a time of affliction, when you retreat to the fortress, O how you will triumph! 'Though the fig tree should not blossom, neither fruit be in the vines.' You walk out amidst the desolation and look up - not around anymore, and say, 'I will rejoice in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.' "
~ Andrew Bonar


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1