Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Conference Sermons

I posted my favorite sermon from the Conference "A Challenge To Young People" on Saturday, but I wanted to share a few other favorites that were helpful to me too.



The message of this one to me, was a life spent for Christ is a life well spent, to live life in light of eternity. I wish the Lord would raise up a whole generation of young people like this.




I really liked this one as well. I'd never heard a sermon preached on this subject before and it gave me a lot to think about. He had us all laughing when he began by saying he had done an unofficial poll to find out just who he was preaching to -- according to the children it was for anyone over the age of 30! In all seriousness though, I think that it had something in it for all ages.



This was my favorite of all the sermons Pastor Roberts preached last week. I really liked how he ended by apologizing if he had inadvertently turned his back on anyone, ignored, or offended anyone over the course of the week. We sang Psalm 51 during this service which was so beautiful. A good ending for the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1