Monday, August 2, 2010

My Daybook

For Today -August 2nd

Outside my window......it's cloudy and not as hot as it has been lately.

I am thinking......that is hard to believe that in a couple weeks summer will be behind us, school will start, and we'll be on our regular school schedule.....it seems sort of like a dream, kind of unreal.

I am thankful for......the E family:-)

I am wearing.....
a jean skirt and purple shirt.

Remembering.....yesterday's sermon on "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16. The three points were hungering after Christ, savoring Christ, and singing to Him. It reminded me of a book I read last winter, Taking Heaven By Storm. I really liked all the practical talk on Psalm singing in this sermon as well - it was so good.

Listening to.....conversations, haircuts, and the washer and dryer.

I am going....to have a busy day, well make that a busy week....another birthday party to gear up for today, then getting ready for the Conference. Speaking of the conference - I can hardly wait. Last year was the highlight of the summer, so many good sermons, seeing friends I haven't seen in a very long time, shopping for books...not to mention getting to visit my beautiful home state, Virginia:-)

Noticing that....today is my sister's birthday, and yesterday was Emily's birthday - happy birthday Becky and Emily!

I am currently reading.....
my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on Joshua, and Midnight Harmonies by Octavious Winslow, and been reading through a blog that I've found interesting and helpful.

I am hoping......that I will learn to be more patient.

On my mind......
copyright laws! Now that I have my own computer I've been building up my music library and I'm wondering - is it ok to add a friend's or sibling's CD to my computer, or is that stealing? Do I need to buy my own copy? Please share your thoughts in the comments section....

Pondering these words...
.that have stuck with me from my reading in Matthew Henry last week. They seem to go with the theme that we've talked about in family worship, and in the sermon yesterday....living the Christian life, worshipping God, etc, is not easy. It's something we have to constantly work at. "Joshua was remarkable for his courage—it was his master grace, and yet it seems he had need to be again and again cautioned not to be afraid. Fresh dangers and difficulties make it necessary to fetch in fresh supports and comforts from the word of God, which we have always nigh unto us, to be made use of in every time of need."

Around the house...
grandparents are visiting, pancakes for breakfast, laundry to be done, peaches to be put up.....a few random snapshots of my day...!

One of my favorite things~ the Es and I always get to church early along with a couple other families to set up for the service and lunch. I enjoy being a part of the church at work:-)

A few plans for the rest of the week .....today is another birthday party, tomorrow I will be at home, I need to get packed for the conference and maybe rest a bit, Wed is church, Thursday shopping, Friday and Saturday packing....with plenty more I'm sure...

From my photo journal ~
a picture of catechism class at church yesterday.


8 comments:

  1. I would think you could use the CDs that your family owns. We have all our family CDs on the same account but as of now, we still pay for them all and decide what we get.

    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Peggy's site~ I enjoyed reading your daybook!
    Copyright law is a big issue in our house. Sadly, yes, copying music purchased &/or belonging to someone else to your computer is in violation of copyright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought about the CD issue! That is something I really need to ponder. I really enjoyed your daybook. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the common thread in many daybooks about our unbelief that summer is almost gone. I wish it didn’t fly by so fast. I am hoping that I will learn to be more patient, too. Any time now would be good. Ha. Thanks for sharing your daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephanie!
    Just catching up a little reading this morning. You have some great thoughts and passages in your posts. I also like the lettering you have on the posts above. Wondering how you did that?
    Your catechism class has a good number. What size is your congregation? We have only about 35 members in ours and classes are small.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you all! I would agree it is ok to share a CD in the family, but what happens when you all are not still living under the same roof?
    Ruby, the lettering came from another blog I was reading - the link for it is http://dailydropcap.com/
    Our church has about 100 people attend most weeks, I'm not sure how many members. We have a morning service, then catechism class for everyone, a potluck lunch, then our afternoon service. I hope you all have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that link. It looks good ~ and useful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1