Monday, August 16, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - Monday, August 16th

Outside my window......a cloudy, humid summer day.


I am thinking.....
of these verses from Psalm 57 that we sang yesterday -
Be merciful to me, O God;
thy mercy unto me
Do thou extend; because my soul
doth put her trust in thee:

Yea, in the shadow of thy wings
my refuge I will place,
Until these sad calamities
do wholly overpass.

My cry I will cause to ascend
unto the Lord most high;
To God, who doth all things for me
perform most perfectly.


I am thankful for......
.unexpected words of encouragement..."A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." Proverbs 25:11


I am wearing.....
.a pink shirt and denim skirt.


Remembering.....
how blessed I felt last week to be under such good teaching.


Listening to.....
the CD of the Psalm singing from the conference -- it's so beautiful!


I am going.....
to have a very busy day. Today Patti and the children leave for the airport to go back to the UK. We have to say our goodbyes:-(, then I'll be babysitting the E children this afternoon.


Noticing that....
I'm very ready for life to slow down a bit...in the past week we drove over 800 miles, to and from Virginia, spent days at the conference, spent a day at home unpacking, etc, then the following day had 41 people over...it's been just a little crazy, but all good memories:-)

Currently reading...
my Bible and Matthew Henry's Commentary on Judges. While at the Conference I managed to do a lot of reading during the quiet parts of the afternoons, part of Andrew Bonar's Diary, Behind A Frowning Providence by John J Murray (that one was really good!), and parts of Maurice Robert's books, Thoughts Of God, and Glorification and Sanctification. Now that I'm home I've started A Night Of Weeping by Horatious Bonar which so far is really good.

I am hoping...... that I can remember and apply all the good things I've been taught over the past week.


On my mind.....
.the great need to pray for our young people.


Pondering these words
~ a few quotes I came across last week ~

"I will charge my soul to believe and wait for Him, and will follow His providence, and not go before it, nor stay behind it."
Samuel Rutherford

"If any are inclined to despond, because they do not have such patience, let them be of good courage. It is in the course of our feeble and very imperfect waiting that God Himself, by His hidden power, strengthens us and works out in us the patience of the great saints, the patience of Christ Himself."
Andrew Murray

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. And when you have finished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."
Victor Hugo

"Cast not away your confidence because God defers his performances. That which does not come in your time, will be hastened in his time, which is always the more convenient season. God will work when he pleases, how he pleases, and by what means he pleases. He is not bound to keep our time, but he will perform his word, honour our faith, and reward them that diligently seek him."
Matthew Henry


Around the house....
so much I want to accomplish that I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed.....


One of my favorite things~ babies. I was reminded last week to be thankful that God has put lots of little ones in my life right now.


A few plans for the rest of the week .....
I already said today's plans. Tomorrow I'll be at home and I plan to take advantage of high speed internet to upload a bunch of pictures, also relisten to one of the conference sermons that I was too tired to get much out of at the original preaching. Wed is church, Thur, shopping, school will probably start one of these days....and plenty more....


From my photo journal ~last night we had 41 people here for a time of fellowship, singing, talking, laughing, watching a slide show of conference pictures, and to say goodbyes to Patti and the children. Here are a couple pictures of our evening ~
Dinner for 41!

Let the sweet tea flow:-)

Ladies first...we lined up to fix plates.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed all of your post. The pictures are great. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1