Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Blogiversary!

It's hard to believe it has been a year since I started this blog! Originally I began it so my family members who live far away from me could keep up with me through updates and pictures, but it has evolved more into a place where I share what I'm reading and thinking about. Now, I sometimes wonder, who are all the people who regularly visit (introduce yourself in a comment if you'd like - I love comments:-), and who they think I am. Recently I was asked by friends why I post what I do, and was cautioned that I have a big responsibility in it....I can't share these things, then live the opposite, complaining, not trusting, and waiting patiently, that that is a bad testimony and not pleasing to the Lord. I know that is true, and I do want use this blog, as well as everything else I do, for the glory of God (Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God, 1 Corinthians 10:31). Though I know I don't always succeed, that is my wish. Anyway I thought I would use this one year mark to share a bit about myself and my blog....

In real life I'm a single woman who loves the Lord, and has to work every day to "take up my cross," who too often struggles to trust the Lord, and patiently wait on Him. My reason for writing what I do? Because I need the encouragement, and hope that others will be blessed as well when I share it. Truly my life is a living example of the verse, "God doth the solitary set in families," and as I look back on the providences I've experienced over the past 18 months I know I have much to be thankful for. I prayed for a long time for a good church and that prayer was answered. I'm so thankful for my church! When I left my family in Virginia to move to South Carolina for the church, the Lord blessed me by putting me in a family here, I didn't have to go out in the work place, but am thankful to be safe and busy - my days are now spent helping at the E's home and learning a lot in the process about running a home, raising children, homeschooling, etc. Plus I'm very blessed to be with good friends, to talk and laugh together, sit around the dinner table with family, and join in family worship every day. My hope and prayer is that someday the Lord will give me family of my own, but for now I'm thankful not to be alone as I wait for that...

Anyways my wish is to be honest, and hopefully to be an encouragement to my followers. Thank you all for reading my thoughts and if there is anything you would like to see on here just let me know. I hope ya'll have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,
    I have appreciated your thoughts and encourage you to continue. It is true, we all who claim the name of Christ, have a great responsibility to live faithfully and handle his Word with the upmost care. We all fail but recording our readings, ponderings, trials and triumphs can help keep us accountable.
    Congrats on your blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1