Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - Wednesday, September 8th - a little late, but better late than never I suppose!


Outside my window......it's getting cooler - I love it:-)


I am thinking......about Thanksgiving, a ways away I know, but am looking forward to spending some time with family and friends, Lord willing.


I am thankful for.......a chance to visit with my pastor's wife (and Sammy) last week


I am wearing.....a green shirt, denim skirt, and pearl earrings.


Remembering..... a lot of different things from my growing up years....


Listening to.....coughing children, I'm thinking my plans of yogurt for breakfast isn't a good idea with all this congestion. I better make some eggs....


I am going.....to have a normal (I hope) busy day, helping with the children, cooking, laundry, etc. Later on I'll babysit 4 of the children while the girls have piano lessons, and get them ready for church. I also want to try and get some emails answered.


Noticing that....some of my friends put up great quotes on facebook. I liked this one I saw this morning ~ "Trust in him to guide us when in doubt, to protect us when in danger, to supply us when in want, to strengthen us for every good word and work." Matthew Henry


I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's Commentary on Judges, and Quivering Daughters by Hillary McFarland, and Thoughts Of God by Maurice Roberts.


I am hoping......that the meeting I am supposed to have tonight will be profitable.


On my mind......our upcoming congregational meeting to elect new church officers. The responsibility makes me nervous, praying that God will give us wisdom and we will do what is right... I just read these verses on the subject this morning.
"This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus." ~ 1 Timothy 3:1-13


Pondering these words...."Retirement gives an opportunity for meditation an communion with God; even they who are called to the most active life must yet have their contemplative hours, and must first find time to be alone with God." ~ Matthew Henry


Around the house....washer and dryer going, children working on their chore lists (I'm keeping an eye on this, and about to go make breakfast).


One of my favorite things~Saturdays, and mornings at home when I don't have to set my alarm:-)


A few plans for the rest of the week .....church tonight, shopping tomorrow, congregational meeting Friday, I think I'm babysitting Saturday.


From my photo journal ~ I had so much fun playing with this little guy at his house last week, he showed me old pictures, played guns, catch, and showed me all his toys:-) For some reason I never pulled out my camera while there.
For more daybooks go to The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1