Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Lord shall save me...

"As for me I shall call upon God, and the Lord shall save me." Psalm 55:16


Let us take care that in our times of trial we do not allow the multitude to hide out God, that we don not allow our troubles to assume a prominent which would make them absorb our minds; if we permit this, Satan's purpose is, to a great extent, gained, he will have separated us from our source of strength. We have so often met with believers whose troubles had so overwhelmed them that they shut out God, these troubles were like a flight of locusts, whose numbers we are told are sometimes so great as even to obscure the sun. Now we cannot help having troubles, and more than this, we cannot help them coming in multitudes, but the eye of faith can pierce through them all, and herein it has great advantage to the eye of sense. It would be mere affectation to say, "We will ignore the existence of these trials altogether," we cannot do so; trials are hard solid facts; enemies are substantial realities, as perhaps many of us know to our cost; and when these thicken upon us we must know and feel the serious nature of our case. It is foolish to hide our eyes from the reality of  facts, and like an ostrich in the desert, to think to escape by hiding our head in the sand. No, let us give our enemies full credit for numbers and their might, then let us pass above them all in prayer and look clearly on God. Satan has continually tried to perplex God's people by number; no single foe was particularly strong or unmanageable, but the many were hard to deal with, the multitude could distract the thoughts. Let us then be on our guard against this form of spiritual danger, and say, "As for me I will call upon God,and the Lord shall save me."

Zaccheuss was very much in earnest in his desire to see Jesus, and so he found means, despite his natural incapacity, of not being thwarted by the crowd; and the woman who had the issue of blood was very earnest in her desire to touch the Lord, and she accomplished her wish, although the multitude thronged and pressed Him; and the friends of the man with palsy were very intent upon laying their burden at the feet of Jesus, and so they broke up the roof and let the afflicted one down immediately at the feet of the One by whom he could be saved. As they did, so let us do also, and we may rest assured that we shall succeed.
The 'I Wills' of The Psalms by P. B. Power


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1