Monday, October 11, 2010

My Daybook

For Today - Monday October 11th


Outside my window......a cool fall day.



I am thinking......that I wouldn't mind having one of these:-)
I remember my sister bought one as a joke for the first dairy goat show my siblings and I put on. We kept it on the show secretary's desk to pull out whenever a problem/question came up - and it gave us plenty of laughs:-) I wonder if she still has it?





I am thankful for.......friends who pray for me.



I am wearing..... a tiered skirt, and brown and cream striped shirt.


Remembering....yesterday when we reached the parable of the Prodigal Son in our series of sermons on Luke. In the introduction (I think we'll spend several weeks on this...) Pastor challenged us to find Christ in the parable. I had the opportunity to quiz Pastor on this afterwords, he told me it was NOT, the father, the servant, the fatted calf, or the robe...all good guesses, I thought, lol.
When we got home I studied Matthew Henry,and he used most of the things I  mentioned as examples of Christ. But I found two more good possibilities - one, the feast, we feast on Christ (tho that may be wrong because it wasn't the calf....). The other that I think is the answer- that is "all that I have is yours" - the inheritance. I'd love to hear more thoughts on this:-)



Listening to.....quiet, only the washer and dryer are going. I can't believe how late the children are sleeping, but I'm not about to bother them.They must need it!




I am going.....make breakfast, continue the laundry, do some tidying, empty the dishwasher, figure out what to make for dinner, maybe make a batch of granola, and anything else that needs doing....



Noticing that....we are still coughing! I can't even remember how many weeks we have been sick, but I do know that I've had to take cough medicine every night for three weeks now, yes, I have tried to wean off it, but then I'm up all night coughing, which doesn not make for very productive days.....




I am currently reading.....my Bible, Matthew Henry's commentary on 1 Samuel, and The 'I Wills' Of The Psalms by P. B. Power.


I am hoping...... I recently watched Fiddler On The Roof and I liked the way this song put it -
'Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles,
I was afraid that God would frown
But like He did so long ago at Jericho,
God just made a wall fall down!'
Hoping that some of my own  'walls' will come down...


On my mind......this Elizabeth Elliot quote I found on one of the blogs I follow. "Trust God and do the next thing",  is something I've told myself so many times...
"Have you had the experience of feeling as if you've got far too many burdens to bear, far too many people to take care of, far too many things on your list to do? You just can't possibly do it, and you get in a panic and you just want to sit down and collapse in a pile and feel sorry for yourself?
Well, I've felt that way a good many times in my life, and I go back over and over again to an old Saxon legend, which I'm told is carved in an old English parson somewhere by the sea. I don't know where this is. But this is a poem which was written about that legend. The legend is "Do the next thing." And it's spelled in what I suppose is Saxon spelling. "D-O-E" for "do," "the," and then next, "N-E-X-T." "Thing"-"T-H-Y-N-G-E."


Pondering these words...."David, though king elect, is here an exile—designed to be master of vast treasures, yet just now begging his bread—anointed to the crown, and yet here forced to flee from his country. Thus do God's providences sometimes seem to run counter to his promises, for the trial of his people's faith, and the glorifying of his name, in the accomplishment of his counsels, notwithstanding the difficulties that lay in the way."
~ Matthew Henry on 1 Samuel 21 

Around the house....lots of excitement....



One of my favorite things~ some quiet time with a cup of coffee and a good book.



A few plans for the rest of the week .....another busy school week, we have church and a meeting on Wednesday, then a communion preparatory service on Saturday - with plenty to do in between those events.




From my photo journal ~ Ok, so I found this picture on someone else's blog...but imitation is a compliment right:-)? Reading blogs is one of my hobbies when I have some free time, it's so interesting to follow what is going on in other lives......

For more daybooks got to The Simple Woman's Daybook.



1 comment:

  1. I love that excerpt from Elisabeth Elliot - trust God and Do the Next Thing. In other words, keep on keeping on.

    Love that fall picture! Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery, I've always heard. LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1