Thursday, October 14, 2010

Random details of my life with some big news thrown in...

Today...I thought I would give a general update to my followers (lol, that makes me feel kind of important 'my followers' :-)- joking!

....these verses from my Bible reading are on my mind, "For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee. And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left" Isaiah 30:19-21

....I am catching up on emailing.

...I must clean up my room!

.....I had a reminder that God really does hear my prayers.

....I am thinking about this quote from my Matthew Henry reading this morning -"It is a good thing to have a heart within us smiting us for sins that seem little; it is a sign that conscience is awake and tender, and will be the means of preventing greater sins."

.....I am doing laundry, baking bread, cleaning my bathroom, helping with the children, cleaning the fridge, making a grocery list, going grocery shopping, and more.....

....I am reminded that I have much to be thankful for. Most of all for the fact that God has given me a second family.

 ...I wanted to share this sermon, on Isaiah 40:31, from our prayer meeting last night.

www.sermonaudio.com
Robert McCurley | Greenville Presbyterian Church

 ....my knitting needles and crochet hook are busy in my spare moments - all my friends seem to be having babies now and I've been making gifts.

....I'm looking forward to a visit with a friend tomorrow.

....and now to share my big news -- we are moving! Well the Es are moving and they have asked me to move in with them to their new home, a huge beautiful house on 4 acres, yet only 10 minutes from Walmart! See below -


This will be home Lord willing. I actually have not seen the inside yet, I was running errands the day they saw it....but when I do, next week, I will probably share more pictures.

One of the best parts...my room will have a CLOSET, and room for a dresser! That's a big deal to someone who has been living out of a bag for the last 10 months.

The other big thing for me? High speed internet! No more satellite provider, no more exceeding the download threshold and being bumped into the slow lane (which means for a 24 hour period you can't even open an email). I can go back to listening to sermons, download music, watch a you tube....the list goes on:-)

And last of all, for anyone who might be interested, a current picture of your author, lol,
Thanks for listening to all my thoughts - and I hope everyone has a good day!

6 comments:

  1. Very good news indeed. :) I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I love how you said it's 10 minutes from Walmart. If you ever listen to a Southerner describe the best thing about their house or some place they're visiting ...they will *always* say "It's only x minutes from Walmart!". Or when someone asks you where you live and they they'll want to know how far is the nearest Walmart? haha I know my thoughts always go towards that...I'm only a couple of minutes from Walmart now :D

    Congrats though! It looks like a gorgeous house and lots of exciting things going on in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the details on your post; the house looks gorgeous! 10 months living out of a bag?!, and now you get a bedroom, a closet and a chest of drawers; what a treat. Do you get to decorate it for your personal style or is it already what you like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for all of you, Stef...!!!!!! You will love it, it's so beautiful and clean and historicallynew! :) I can hardly wait for you to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ya'll! Adri, I love Walmart,I know a lot of people think that is crazy, but it's so convenient:-)
    Mrs. Gladu, I'll bring my own dresser, desk, and chair from my brother's house, then I can decorate how I want. I haven't seen the inside yet so I don't know how I'll do it - but I may be getting the room in front with the balcony:-)I'll have to post pictures when I see it, then once we are settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear an encouraged heart in this post. Good to hear. Blessings, Stefanie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1