Friday, October 29, 2010

Today..


...the weather has cleared up, the clouds and humidity have lifted, everything no longer feels sticky, and we're back to more seasonable temperatures - it feels good.

...I am babysitting the children tonight. I'm making pizza and we'll watch a movie together.

....I'm making cole slaw and potato salad - enough for 15 - for Beka's party, doing laundry, and normal housework.



...is Beka's 10th birthday! I made her a Mickey Mouse pancake (with a chocolate face:-) for breakfast, but we're having her party tomorrow. The children have grown so much since I moved her a year and a half ago.


....I'm thinking about a quote I read in Matthew Henry on 2 Samuel 5, this morning,
"The more we are vilified for well-doing the more resolute we should be in it, and hold our religion the faster, and bind it the closer to us...Let us never be driven from our duty by the fear of reproach; for to be steady and resolute in it will perhaps turn to our reputation more than we think it will. Piety will have its praise. Let us not then be indifferent in it, nor afraid or ashamed to own it."

.....this verse is on my mind. I've been thinking about persevering.
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 3:14

....we are still packing, and have a lot left to do here at the Es. I think we'll do most of it over the next two weeks. My stuff, at my brother's house, is mostly done. I still have to do the books, and a few more fragile things, but I have part of tomorrow, and two more days off to work on it before we move. Yes, a moving date has been set - we'll be in the new house on November 12th, Lord willing. It looks like we are going to have a lot of help which will be great. I can't wait to be settled.



....tomorrow I plan to try my hand at something I've never done before - spray painting. I have a bookcase I was given, a small shelf, a basket, and maybe a chair I want to paint before we move.



  ....I'm trying to decide if I like my new bangs. Yesterday Mrs. Z (my sister in law's mom) came over to trim my hair - my friends wanted to know what I did to rate a house call from a beautician, lol.  As you can imagine, all the females gathered to give opinion and advice on the proceedings....and I was talked into trying bangs! I'm usually pretty willing to try something new since my hair grows so fast, I figure if I don't like it I can grow it out.....Anyway we had a lot of fun together and the girls and I all got out hair curled. Thanks Mrs. Z:-)!

Beka getting her hair curled.
Emily, before we pulled her hair into an updo!

Me with bangs - it's a big change to get used to, I've never had them before!
Last of all a picture of Bonnie - she likes to look in the front door when we have it open. Bonnie was a year old yesterday (we were reminded by facebook notifications...we had forgotten, haha), and is my 'walking partner'. We take a walk together early most mornings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1