Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Let us sing Psalms to Him with grace and make a joyful noise.....

 ......I wanted to share another sermon with you all......I had the opportunity to hear Pastor Beers preach at the FCC Conference in 2009 (a sermon series on Christ on the Cross, that has stayed with me since then and I think I've shared it on here in the past), so I was happy to see this sermon preached by him,  first shared on facebook, then on my church's sermonaudio site, and blessed to hear it. I think most of my followers know I'm a Psalm singer - I love singing the Psalms, I consider it to be such a blessing to have God's word to sing......and have discovered that after nearly 22 years of singing them (I won't say how old I was when I began, but I was a child:-) that I have most of the words memorized - without trying. ("Thy word have I hid in mine heart." Psalm 119:11). It was great to hear a sermon preached on this subject, and to hear it explained so well. I hope everyone will be able to listen to it.

Gavin Beers | Greenville Presbyterian Church

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
 In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
 The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand." 
~ Psalm 95:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1