Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mr. Holland's Opus



I haven't had much time to post lately, but I did want to share a little about this Tuesday night's movie (long time followers probably know that Jenny and I have a tradition of watching a movie together most Tue nights:-). This week Jenny picked one that neither of knew much about, but I think by the end both of us were fighting tears....it's the story of a man who loved music, whose dream was always to compose music and become famous, but real life got in the way and he had to take a job teaching music appreciation to uninterested high school students....it was a great story, an example of making the best of circumstances, doing the best we can with what the Lord gives us, and what really struck me - the end where he realizes just how many lives he influenced without realizing it. It got me thinking about my life......I'd recommend this one for your next movie night!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite movies. I actually saw it in the theater when it came out and everyone was sobbing all around me. It's a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Intense Debate Comments

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Isaiah 55:6,8-1